Sound Deadened a New Car - WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have really wanted to do this on my Legacy. I haven't done it yet because I've heard that it's really hard to get everything put back together without causing rattles.

Pablo, have you noticed any interior rattles after the installation?

Originally Posted By: rjundi
………. We ended up with a grown up WRX instead the Legacy GT(turbo) instead and have no regrets. It has sound insulation and much higher quality/feel/look interior than the WRX's did at time. …….

I find my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT to have annoying and excessive tire/road noise, especially on coarse road surfaces, which describes 90% of the roads where I live. Some LGT owners have reported getting a big reduction in road/tire noise after installing sound deadening materials, others have reported only a small improvement that was not worth the cost and time.

Originally Posted By: glock19
I have really wanted to do this on my Legacy. I haven't done it yet because I've heard that it's really hard to get everything put back together without causing rattles.

Pablo, have you noticed any interior rattles after the installation?

This is why I hired a pro. I detest interior plastic bits. No rattles at all.

My friend has a 2008 Spec B. It has some level of sound deadening.

i did the same thing on an 2005 pontiac vibe using home depot roofing / tar paper. It came out pretty darn good, except i noticed the insulating effect here in texas made the car noticeably hotter in the summer. I remember paying about $100 in materials for the entire car.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Originally Posted By: rjundi
………. We ended up with a grown up WRX instead the Legacy GT(turbo) instead and have no regrets. It has sound insulation and much higher quality/feel/look interior than the WRX's did at time. …….

I find my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT to have annoying and excessive tire/road noise, especially on coarse road surfaces, which describes 90% of the roads where I live. Some LGT owners have reported getting a big reduction in road/tire noise after installing sound deadening materials, others have reported only a small improvement that was not worth the cost and time.

We are on our fourth set of tires (RE92a>Nokian WR G2>Conti DWS>Yokohama Envigour) and just the Conti DWS could be called noisy but really not. Tire selection is key for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back