Nissan Altima race car commercial...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Nissan's answer to "grounded to the road"!

Yep; another ad with the message: "Our customers are complete and utter morons- come join them!"

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

It kind of close though, I guess my point is that the 4 door family car Altima isn't that far off the best that BMW could make, albeit 20 years ago, even with goofy commercials.

Well yeah, I would hope that a 270HP 3.5L V6 could motivate a car of its size with a CVT and modern suspension (and of course all the technology goodies) to a respectable finish against a 3.6L 311HP Euro sled from 26 years ago, LOL!
grin.gif

I mean look at the Mustang! We had a 225HP V8 back then, it now has a 425HP V8 of the same displacement
crazy2.gif

It is amazing just how quickly technology evolves.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Likely they would soil themselves as stated above.

Marketers will do ANYTHING to sell their cars. Expect more stupid commercials...

You mean like how Kia is real luxury?

[/quote]

I mean look at the Mustang! We had a 225HP V8 back then, it now has a 425HP V8 of the same displacement
crazy2.gif

It is amazing just how quickly technology evolves.
thumbsup2.gif
[/quote]

Yeah, how crazy is that? I am driving a Cadillac with almost double the HP my 75 Camaro with a 350 had. Waaaay cool.
It's way faster and outhandles it on mountain roads too. My. 1966 Impala SS had more horsepower, but if I remember correctly, the Caddy is faster. The Chevy and Camaro could do some serious burnouts though. I keep playing the lottery so I can get a CTS V. A 560 hp Cadillac sport coupe. What?

That Impala would have been SAE GROSS though, so there's a fair bit lost (sometimes 30+%) when you convert it to NET, which is what your Caddy is measured in
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back