tried archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 2008 subaru tribeca and in an effort to increase mileage (19.1 mpg) i put in archoil 9100
it has been about 1000 miles and fuel mileage is now 19.3 mpg

this is not scientific

driving conditions have remained the same

engine seems smoother but that does not mean much

not sure if i would buy it again

just my thoughts

Steve

Im dont think that would even pay for the cost of the Archoil. Basically over a full tank of gas you eeked out an additional 3.4 miles.

Last edited:
AR9100 is a 'nanoborate' (their words, not mine) friction modifier to add to your oil.

Their AR6200 is a fuel additive marketed as an MPG improver

You got that right. Besides not being "scientific", it's not even remotely provable.

You think that in real-world driving over one tank of fuel you can measure a 1% increase in mileage, and attribute that to an additive?

And like Olas pointed out, either you are mistaken on what you added, or you added the wrong thing to your gas.

Originally Posted By: fireman1073
i have a 2008 subaru tribeca and in an effort to increase mileage (19.1 mpg) i put in archoil 9100
it has been about 1000 miles and fuel mileage is now 19.3 mpg

this is not scientific

driving conditions have remained the same

engine seems smoother but that does not mean much

not sure if i would buy it again

just my thoughts

Steve

I don't know how much is a bottle of Archoil and so far there isn't many positive reviews. Liqui Moly MoS2 has many more positive reviews and costs less than $6-7 at NAPA.

I tried 1/2 bottle MoS2 in my E430 last oil change about 250 miles ago, so far the trip computer shows an improvement from 28.5-29.5 MPG to 20.5 MPG with same average speed of 29 MPH. The most MPG improvement was the first 2-3 miles driving of the day. The engine seems a little quieter, but it's possible my mind playing trick.

For less than $5 half bottle MoS2, the cost of experience is cheap enough such that if it didn't do any good I didn't loose too much.

My plan is 1/2 oz per quart MoS2 first treatment in all cars and 1/4 oz per quart maintenance at every oil change after that.

Originally Posted By: Olas
AR9100 is a 'nanoborate' (their words, not mine) friction modifier to add to your oil.

Their AR6200 is a fuel additive marketed as an MPG improver

Well, this is the "Oil Additives" forum.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
And like Olas pointed out, either you are mistaken on what you added, or you added the wrong thing to your gas.
Where does the OP say he added it to his gas?

You are correct, he doesn't. I read into it something that wasn't there. My mistake.

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
Where does the OP say he added it to his gas?

You are correct, he doesn't. I read into it something that wasn't there. My mistake.

An archoil thread tends to do that to people around here.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Ha.

I've never used the stuff so I'm not going to trash it however it costs more than mos2 and in my experience mos2 works as advertised therefore I'm not interested in anything else.

In a market where most products are indeed snake oil I'm not buying twice.

Yep, reminds me of a line from Steve Martin's "Grandmother's Song"

"Criticize things you don't know about"

Well I did say I misunderstood and read into his statement. But the part about being able to measure (and attribute to Archoil) a 1% MPG increase, that I do know about. What do you think about that claim?

Originally Posted By: GatorJ

Yep, reminds me of a line from Steve Martin's "Grandmother's Song"

"Criticize things you don't know about"

Well I did say I misunderstood and read into his statement. But the part about being able to measure (and attribute to Archoil) a 1% MPG increase, that I do know about. What do you think about that claim?

For the most part, all this site has is people's opinions about an oil additive working for them. There is no concrete evidence showing MMO, Kreen, Archoil, Zmax, etc. doing anything yet you find supporters of each bickering about the others.

So take the claim like all others as one person's experience. If you don't like it, trust it, whatever, just let it go and move on. This used to be the best subforum on this site because people were open minded and wanted to hear/see others trying new things. Now it is just hypocrites trolling each other.

2008 Subbi Tribeca has a 16.9 gallon tank.

322.79 miles (19.1mpg x 16.9 gal tank) vs 326.17 miles (19.3mpg x 16.9) per tank

3.38 miles difference.

Last edited:
There is no concrete evidence showing ARX, MMO, Kreen, Archoil, Zmax, etc. doing anything yet you find supporters of each bickering about the others.

Fixed it for you.

Originally Posted By: Trav
There is no concrete evidence showing ARX, MMO, Kreen, Archoil, Zmax, etc. doing anything yet you find supporters of each bickering about the others.

Fixed it for you.

LOL I think etc. was intended to mean A-Rx.

Fixed it for you.

Since there *is* concrete evidence that ARX does work, from Dnewton to the late Gary Allen to taxi tests to a thread by Artem, (remember that one, where you, demarpaint and Mystic jumped all over him because he said it worked better than kreen.), you "fix" is wrong.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

Fixed it for you.

Since there *is* concrete evidence that ARX does work, from Dnewton to the late Gary Allen to taxi tests to a thread by Artem, (remember that one, where you, demarpaint and Mystic jumped all over him because he said it worked better than kreen.), you "fix" is wrong.

All I said was I thought etc. meant A-Rx..........Are you reading between the lines too? Gary Allen also stated pay for the test and you'll get the results you want.

IIRC Artem also tried other cleaning products before A-Rx, so giving any product total credit for results would be difficult.

We've been down this road, it gets old after a while.

Last edited:
This does get old. Most of the people here who said they had tried MMO or Kreen said that those products worked for them. I remember only a few negative posts about those products. I am not going to go into all of the endless routine that all of that is just anecdotal evidence. All we have for most of these products is anecdotal evidence. Some big oil company is not going to run scientific testing for us. Unless somebody here was super rich and could afford to pay for the testing.

This has all been gone over again and again. People should be allowed to talk about what products they have tested. There would be little to talk about here if people were not allowed to discuss their experiences here with various products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back