Valvoline VR1 20/50 2008 HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the VR1 is holding up well in air-cooled Harleys, then it should hold up even better in liquid cooled bikes...

Originally Posted By: grampi
If the VR1 is holding up well in air-cooled Harleys, then it should hold up even better in liquid cooled bikes...

I had the same thought...Mobil 1 TDT and 15W-50 cut down two grades and gave me a lot of Iron (38ppm) in my K75C Bmw after 4000miles.... Now have Valvoline VR1 20W50 (dino) in the sump to see if I get the same results as the M1.

ammolab, how many miles till we get a uoa?
and i doubt most of these guys realize that you have been in 100+ temps for at least a week plus now.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
ammolab, how many miles till we get a uoa?
and i doubt most of these guys realize that you have been in 100+ temps for at least a week plus now.

Temps have been 95+ for TWO months now. Hottest June in Houston history. It will be several months if I run the oil out to 4000miles for a direct comparison of Dino (VR1) to Synthetic (Mobil 1). I do want to know where all that Iron is coming from.. No iron in the block, no gears in the oil..camshafts look like NEW..maybe that timing chain is putting iron in the oil.

I just bought a New R1200R so the old K75C is no longer a daily driver.

Originally Posted By: Qwiky
The Honda CR-V is obviously not yours ;-)

Right you are Swammi....Wife picked that one out! Not a bad little 'hauler'. I did need something to haul my bikes around on

Not to hard on her though...last one she picked out was an Imola Yellow 2000 Audi S4 (six speed manual of course)!

[img:left]
28lgbyt.jpg
[/img]

Originally Posted By: fuel tanker man
It would be interesting to see a 2500 mile UOA of Mobil V twin just to see how soon it starts working on its grease impression...
shocked.gif

Have a report on my 2011 103 for a run of 3k miles. SUS @ 210 =100.7 and cST @ 100 = 20.52. 5k miles on the bike. Mobil 1 v-twin 20-50. They told me to go 5k next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back