Champ air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I replaced the Fram Tough Gaurd air filter in the Impala with a Champ air filter. I was looking around a little bit to try and find information on them, not finding a lot. Wondering how good these filters are. I'm sure they are fine, but I'd like to hear everyones take on these. Thanks

I agree, I will probably stick with the yellow frams. Got the champ pretty cheap though. Less the $4 if I remember right. Champ does look pretty decent in that old test.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can get an Amsoil before they stop making them they last for 100k. I think they are the best but i can't bring myself to the high initial cost and my air filters last so long already.

Hi,
Both filters are made by the same company. Both are 98+% efficiency and get better as they get a dirt cake build up. The TG filter has far more expensive and durable media material.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Hi,
Both filters are made by the same company. Both are 98+% efficiency and get better as they get a dirt cake build up. The TG filter has far more expensive and durable media material.
They're the same efficiency and made by the same people so stick with whatever is cheaper is what I'm reading.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
If you can get an Amsoil before they stop making them they last for 100k. I think they are the best but i can't bring myself to the high initial cost and my air filters last so long already.

$40.00 isn't that bad really for 100k. They're going to stop making them? Why is that?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Just a FYI, expect that AMSOIL EA air filters will disappear as they are sold from inventory. If your car takes an available size, stock up.

Slow sales, too many shapes and sizes to be practical.

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Just a FYI, expect that AMSOIL EA air filters will disappear as they are sold from inventory. If your car takes an available size, stock up.

Slow sales, too many shapes and sizes to be practical.

I get it, and it makes business sense but that sucks. I would have looked into buying them.

I use champion air filters too because they are under $5. I don't see much difference between champ and fram, wix, purolator, etc. My vehicles run the same with any oneof these filters. Use w confidence and more money in ur pocket.

I just put one in my recently purchased 08 Silverado also, for the price I feel like I can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back