sonoma kicks gas pump off when filling up

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sonoma will kick the gas pump on when filling constantly. I've tried different angles holding it out more in more ect. But we have some stations that have the acordian ends on the pump and the accordion hose. It'll fill up with those fine but your standard gas pump is a no go......any ideas as to why.its a 2000 sonoma.

Our local Costco gas station pumps at a higher rate then most gas stations and once in a while there will be a pump that kicks off frequently until they get it adjusted correctly.

No engine lights. And like I said on the acordian style pumps it's will pump all day long and not kick off until it's full......

I have the same issue with my Silverado...but only at one particular Shell station ... all other stations it's fine.

one dodge twk i had did that. the fuel fill tube was all most flat. the next dodge twk did not do that. nor my 2001 dakota

There should be a filter on the end of the hose from the canister vent solenoid. If that filter is very dirty it could cause this problem.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
Is the check engine light on? Most likely a failed vent solenoid.

Thats what it was on my CVPI. If there is no codes this is likely the problem.
One thing I noticed while diagnosing it was the vent hose from the vent solenoid was full of dirt. This is something to check as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back