Rural King now carrying Rotella T5 15W-40!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the title is correct. I was in our local Rural King the other day, and new on the shelf is Rotella T5 oil. They already stock T6 and Triple Protection, and now they added this. What caught my eye was that instead of T5 10W-40, they are carrying T5 15W-40 and 10W-30, no 10W-40.
I have never seen T5 15W-40 before, is it new? Our local TSC has the T5 10W-40, and Walmart has the T5 10W-30.

I just wanted to let you all know about this new sighting.

Oh yeah, the price was $18.99.

I'll stop by one of our local RK's today and maybe snap a cellie pic of the back label if they have any on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Apparently it's new. SOPUS hasn't posted a TDS for it yet.

Did you happen to note what specs it meets?

I took a quick look at the back label. Besides the CJ-4, there was a couple of other specs.. I believe it was Caterpillar ECF-3, ECF-2. I was surprised because compared to the Triple Protection, it has just a couple of specs., Triple Protection has a lot more listed.

Well my phone has a really cr@ppy camera. But here it is.

P82A0167_zps686ea438.jpg

P82A0169_zpsffd25133.jpg

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Good find on the TDS Quattro. Was hoping the cST would be above 15, though.

Maybe SOPUS expects this blend to be even more shear stable, and hence did not build as much buffer in it. But I guess only time will tell...

Looking at both the pictures and the TDS I noticed that the Mack and Volvo specs aren't listed...what the ? It's not like they ran out of space. If my memory serves me right, I think the T5 in 10w30 lists at least Volvo VDS4.

I'm sure it's top notch oil with the Rotella heritage.

Just bought some at a menards for about 15.99 with rebate. Didnt even realze it had less specs listed, hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back