Is Danica Patrick a threat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last race at Kansas Speedway Danica finished a career-best seventh...started ninth.

Thursday she qualified in 4th place.

In Saturday's final practice at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica was 3rd fastest and had the third-best 10-consecutive lap average.

Opinions?

Yes she is. She is in top quality Hendrick chassis with Hendrick engines. She has one of the best teams setting her cars up in Stewart-Haas Racing.

I am by no means a fan of hers. But she would not have been able to stay in racing as long as she has without some ability to perform. True being hot helped get sponsors, but they would have dumped her if she sucked or was not what they were looking for.

Tony Stewart is a smart person, true she was a guaranteed sponsor for his team, but he would not have picked her if he didn't believe in her ability to perform.

The only threat Danica poses is taking other drivers out when she loses control...and she will always have a job because she is a cash cow when it comes to advertising.

She has no chest and looks more boyish than anything,dont see why guys go ga ga over her.Her cohorts over at Go Daddy and their commercials are all hotter than her.

Originally Posted By: Hot_Ajax
If she were to dress in something from Victoria's Secret, she'd be very dangerous.

If she were to *un* dress in something from Victoria`s Secret
20.gif

I've never been a Danica fan, but her performance at Kansas was solid. And, somehow, she managed to avoid the wrecks, unusual for her. Maybe she really is learning to drive.

You know most the wrecks she's been in weren't here fault. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time kinda thing.

I don't care much for tattoos on women. Call me old school if you want, but I'd take Sabine Schmitz or, ( better yet, at least for me) Svetlana Kapanina over Danica Patrick.

For Sabine Schmitz, the Nurburgring is a walk through the park

For Svetlana Kapanina life begins at 10g's

Somehow I have developed a hankering for Eastern European women, don't really know why....

I think she does very well and if you look at the screw-ups from the male drivers, she holds her own as a good driver and is better to look at also..

She's not my favorite driver or anything but I hope she does win a few races. I have no issue with her taking advantage of her situation. How many of the other drivers are there because of their family connections or funding? I can think of quite a few.

I think she is a bit of a nervous driver, she needs the car set up just right so she's comfortable. When the car's right and she's confident, I think she'll do pretty good. Nothing wrong with that, hopefully she can learn to work well with a good crew chief to get the car the way it needs to be. I think it's good for the sport.

Threat for what? She'll never be a true contender. She might find an occasional win. If that happens, she'll make the goofy chase, but that's about it. When her career is over, I'll be impressed if she has more than 3 wins.

Originally Posted By: whip
Threat for what? She'll never be a true contender. She might find an occasional win. If that happens, she'll make the goofy chase, but that's about it. When her career is over, I'll be impressed if she has more than 3 wins.

I have to agree mostly with this. She is a mediocre driver at best( compared to her competition not the average person ). She would have long since disappeared if she were a male driver because for them it is about wins. What has she really won? NOTHING!

She sticks around because she is a girl which makes her a media darling and because she is attractive( or so they say - I find her looks to be as average as her driving ). If she actually was being judged on her record and ability she would have faded away long ago.

I don't get the hype around her?

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I think she is doing great when you look at the number of male drivers who have been around for decades and never won.

Can you name one on a big budget high dollar team just one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back