New Amsoil Synthetic CVT Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Amsoil has released a CVT fluid:

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/tr.../?code=CVTQT-EA

I have a Dodge car that requires CVTF +4 and until now, Amsoil didn't make anything that would work in a CVT application.

Amsoil labels it with the following:

Quote:
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is recommended for belt- and chain-type continuously variable transmissions requiring the following:

Audi/Volkswagen TL 52180, G 052 180
Dodge/Jeep CVTF+4®, NS-2
Ford CVT23, CVT30, MERCON® C
GM/Saturn DEX-CVT
Honda HMMF, HCF-2
Hyundai Genuine CVTF, SP-III
Kia SP-III
Mercedes-Benz 236.20
Mini Cooper EZL 799
Mitsubishi CVTF-J1, SP-III
Nissan NS-2
Subaru Lineartronic® CVTF (P/N K0425Y0710), NS-2
Suzuki TC, CVT Green 1, NS-2
Toyota TC

Not for use in eCVTs.

Whatever you find out would be interesting. I'll bet a CVT is really expensive to fix. I've been driving a 2012 Prius and I'm really happy that they don't have a CVT.

That is interesting to see, I don't deny that Amsoil is a good product. IIRC there were some differences between the different manufacturer's fluids since not every CVT is exactly the same type. So I am confused at how it just simply meets every spec. But if it works as well as they state then it must be a pretty decent fluid. I know my Ford 500 didn't work very well with the Dexron III that the Ford dealer put into it ( Don't ask ).

Oh!no warranty?i wouldnt sweat it too much!amzoil isnt too much into 50/50 .if they say it will do the job (within normal use lol no racingmost likly you ll love the oil

Amsoil transmission and gear fluids are very high quality. When time comes to replace the CVT fluid in the 2014 Accord I probably will use Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
That is interesting to see, I don't deny that Amsoil is a good product. IIRC there were some differences between the different manufacturer's fluids since not every CVT is exactly the same type. So I am confused at how it just simply meets every spec. But if it works as well as they state then it must be a pretty decent fluid. I know my Ford 500 didn't work very well with the Dexron III that the Ford dealer put into it ( Don't ask ).

The CVT fluid is a special ATF that has specific friction modifiers to adjust the "traction" coefficients, so the belt or chain maintains proper contact with the pulleys and does not slip during effective gear ratio changes.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Amsoil transmission and gear fluids are very high quality. When time comes to replace the CVT fluid in the 2014 Accord I probably will use Amsoil.

Yep, I was happy to see Amsoil finally getting into the CVT fluid arena.

Except my 2014 Altima requires Nissan NS-3 CVT fluid so there is no way I would touch the current Amsoil offering.

I just performed (had it done for me, actually) a pan drain and refill on the Altima. At $88 for four quarts of NS-3, here's hoping Amsoil produces NS-3 in the near future.

Originally Posted By: brandini
Nobody races with a CVT...

F1 did, it was banned...not because it was too slow.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: brandini
Nobody races with a CVT...

F1 did, it was banned...not because it was too slow.

That is interesting because I have wondered why its not raced with? It seems like it has the possibility to be faster. Can you give more information on this?

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
There was an indy car developed with a CVT in it and I was pretty sure the Prius does have a CVT? Don't they all?

The first generation Prius has a CVT. The next two generations have planetary transmissions, always engaged with never a gear shift and no reverse. You back up on one of the two electric motors. Mechanically the Prius is very simple. All the work is done in the software and computers. By the way, there's no "fan" belt, either to drive accessories. From an owner's point of view the maintenance is change the engine oil and drive.

The new Amsoil CVT formula has the NS-3 spec.

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5, I'm going to do a pan drain and refill with 5 quarts Amsoil CVT..depending on how many quarts come out on the drain.

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke
The new Amsoil CVT formula has the NS-3 spec.

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5, I'm going to do a pan drain and refill with 5 quarts Amsoil CVT..depending on how many quarts come out on the drain.

What would you use to measure the tranny fluid ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back