BMW crushes active e electric vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of crazy that auto manufacturers create test vehicles that have a quote "limited" life span. BMW just crushed 16 of the active e electric vehicles and shipped the last of them to San Francisco. They lied to customers about what would happen to their vehicles. I realize that the USA has stupid rules for test vehicles. BMW Active e crushed

Ahh yes........

.....this brings back many a feel
frown.gif

From the days of the Impact prototype and the EV1 and the ensuing documentary, "Who Killed The Electric Car". GM fanboys and haters both know the long and illustrious history of corporate fusterclucks like these, its gonna be fun to watch the shoe being in another country/brand/fanboys foot.

Someone get me the Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif......
Found it!

Best of luck to the BMW NA PR dept.........
They're gonna need all they can get
Michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Yep, this is the norm in the industry.
Test vehicles are rarely sold.
They're usually destroyed.
Why would BMW want to put itself in a position where it would have to spend major dollars supporting a tiny fleet of unique cars?

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Yep, this is the norm in the industry.
Test vehicles are rarely sold.
They're usually destroyed.
Why would BMW want to put itself in a position where it would have to spend major dollars supporting a tiny fleet of unique cars?

Counter-intuitive to their mass over quality philosophy of getting the BMW badge out there. I really like my E90 but top quality craftsmanship I would be singing.

The vehicles always belonged to BMW. Once the leases were up, the drivers had no reason to expect anything. Did BMW lie or just change their minds? Who knows? What's the difference? Who cares? BMW owes no one a thing.

Where does this sense of entitlement come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back