03 F350 Nickle and Dime

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it sucks to have all the repairs show up at the same time, it beats the heck out of buying a new one, and it could certainly be worse.

A guy at work has a Duramax that had issues with the DEF system. The system thought the tank was empty of fluid even when it was full. This first limited the truck to 50 mph, then later 5 mph. Its been to the dealership probably 10 times and it still isn't figured out. Hes fighting to lemon law it as we speak, all while making payments on a truck that spends most of its time at the dealer.

I'd rather put money into a truck I know is otherwise reliable than one that has potential to be a money pit. It sounds like you maintain your truck well, and besides these few issues it should continue to give you good service.

A failed brake line on an 11 year old truck really isn't that big of a deal. I'd check all the other ones when you get a chance.

As long as they are not to rusty and pretty straight trucks are usually worth putting some money into.

A new F350 runs around $60k...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Horrifying IMO the way some folks have trashed their heavy duty trucks.

When I am at Lowes or the supply houses I'm always amazed at the number of $50k+ trucks that are only a couple years old just beat to death. Trucks are meant to be worked, but their is using and than trashing. Stuff like doors and beds smashed in, engines making all sorts of noise from no maintenance, interiors that looked like they hosted raccoon fights etc.

One would think that if your drop that kind of coin on a tool you would want to protect your investment a bit, and get your money out of it.

Leased trucks....beat it....get new ones every 2-3 yrs....i pick up nice gasser 2-3 year old f250/f350's cheap and been lucky..i wont buy an out of warranty diesel truck...motor is more than truck is worth..

It's an 11 year old truck, it's gonna have some wear and tear on it, as long as it runs good and is pretty solid I'd hang on to it. The last somewhat major fix I did on my truck was the water pump in November. Since then it's been trouble free, as a matter of fact I just changed the oil in it today. God it's hot down here in FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back