ESET NOD32 $19.99 at New Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious: do all 3 licenses activate at the same time, or can they be used piece-meal? I'm thinking of doing this for my one PC and just using another license each year.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Curious: do all 3 licenses activate at the same time, or can they be used piece-meal? I'm thinking of doing this for my one PC and just using another license each year.

Yes, all three activate at the same time. Usually I'll run one PC in trial mode if I know I won't be able to get it installed on the others until a little later.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Originally Posted By: dparm

Yes, all three activate at the same time. Usually I'll run one PC in trial mode if I know I won't be able to get it installed on the others until a little later.

Redhat is correct. The one year license period starts for all 3 licenses when you activate the first one. In other words, if you get the 3 license deal and put it on one computer by itself then wait 6 months to put it on another computer, the second PC will have ESET for only 6 months.

What I did was start with the 30 day free trial that is available on the ESET web site, then ordered the 3 pc one year disc from New Egg. I put the free trial on my pc and my wife's laptop and waited until we had just a few days left on the free trial and then all I had to do was update the free versions with my paid license key. I did not even have to run the disc on either machine. We got a few extra weeks' worth of ESET for free that way. The free trial is also a great way to be sure the program is compatible with your computer and you like the program.

IMHO ESET is great, it is the very best of the paid AV's. It is so light on resources I don't even know it is there.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
IMHO ESET is great, it is the very best of the paid AV's. It is so light on resources I don't even know it is there.

That it is. I've been very impressed how some HP Mini 2102's have been running with 7 SP1 x86 and ESET Endpoint Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back