Goodyear-Maxlife / Firestone- Kendall GT1 blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Two topics...

•More places, like Goodyear, are going to Maxlife as their synthetic blend instead of Durablend, lending credence to the argument that, so long as certifications are met, high mileage oils are perfectly safe for newer cars.

•Firestone is running a great special for those folks who don't do their own oc. $19.99 for up to 5qts of the well regarded Kendall GT1 blend. Anyone know what filters are used? Are they still Champion Labs?

links below:

http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/oil-change-coupons/?id=fcac-lof2-03

www.goodyearautoservice.com/catalog/getStoreServices.cmd?parentCategoryId=668&subCategoryId=696

Last edited:
I keep getting flyers in the mail for American Tire Depot (not America's Tire) advertising Maxlife as their syn blend too. Valvoline must be landing some contracts with these tire places..

Here's a link for when I cut open a fs filter

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3361566/plug_fail,_filter_cut_open,_un#Post3361566

I'd go kendall...I've had really good luck with it
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161
Will that be Red MaxLife or the Green NexGen Maxlife?

Or will it be in Bulk Oil Drums........

Its red Maxlife in 55 gallon drums ( at least for most GY stores ). We have had very good luck with Ashland products at our store.

GY uses either Napa Proselect ( Wix ) or Promotive ( Purolator White Can ) for filters, depending on the location.

Originally Posted By: bourne

GY uses either Napa Proselect ( Wix ) or Promotive ( Purolator White Can ) for filters, depending on the location.

That was my next question, thanks.

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
My goodyear store uses Kendall (Goodyear has a contract with Kendall) and we use purolator oil filters.

They do not have a contract with Kendall, they just renegotiated a contract with Valvoline. Yours must be an independent franchise. All company owned stores use Valvoline.

The last time I was at a Firestone store, I took a peek at everything in the shop. It seems that the packages for their filters have not changed since I worked at one in 2006-2007. I don't know if that can prove or disprove that Champ labs filters are still in use.

Originally Posted By: wemay
•Firestone is running a great special for those folks who don't do their own oc. $19.99 for up to 5qts of the well regarded Kendall GT1 blend. Anyone know what filters are used? Are they still Champion Labs?

My older son did just this about two months ago for his '09 Torrent 3.4, the last time they offered the special.

I told him it was a 'bargain and a half' IF he was not going to change it himself.
thumbsup2.gif

I believe it was a Champ Labs filter, but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back