Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So his motorcycle was under warranty?hd temporarelly turned off his warranty ?and now its back on?so its only under warrantu on days with less then 1 mph wind?did you see the size of the front of the bike?it plain would need to defy a lot of natural law just to prevent mechanic from working properly ,also wind goes around the bike and push the biker forward so those flag cannot possibly make a transmission or clutch slip.and after that american corp wonder why we buy other nation stuff?sorry,this is why american economy is bad,corp are more busy evaluating duration(life of stuff)then making sure it will be good enough to not stay in salesman store

I have no issue with their claim denial after seeing the parachutes, im sorry flags, he has hanging off the back of the bike and eight ft high. It has nothing to do with the sensationalistic headline, "Old Glory..."

Last edited:
Harley can't afford to warranty their bikes, they would go out of business.

They should sell their own brand of floor dry, they could sell it with their bikes in a package deal. Call it the keep you garage floor oil free package.

I wonder how much drag they create @ 70 mph? Probably uses a few hp. Why the guy didn't take the flags off when he brought it in is a mystery.

Quote:

He currently has seven flags flying from his bike including the Stars and Stripes as well as an NRA flag.

I guess NRA means "Not running anymore"

Yeah but I mean I see people take a naked Harley, add tons of gear, a passenger, and a huge sail of a windshield on them and that is okay. So how much more load is one guy with flags causing versus all that?

Yet another reason I would never buy Harley JUNK. My lawn tractor has more modern(and better) engineering than those rolling recliners. And their customer service is atrocious, particularly when you consider what they cost. Its no wonder Harley owners always look so [censored] off.

Being honest here...what happens when a portly rider, who often rides with his portly wife, brings in his bike for transmission/clutch problems? Could they say it was too much drag (not getting into weight ratings/limits)

Originally Posted By: rraiderr

They should sell their own brand of floor dry, they could sell it with their bikes in a package deal.

lol.gif

Ya i can picture it :sorry ser your hd model and year is rated for 200 pound person ,_you two total 500lbs!ya flag problem begin to sound logical !rofl !hahahahah!i cant stop laughing lol.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Yeah but I mean I see people take a naked Harley, add tons of gear, a passenger, and a huge sail of a windshield on them and that is okay. So how much more load is one guy with flags causing versus all that?

Yep, and jgm038's comment about portly riding pairs.

But in all fairness, 9 flags? That IS a lot of drag, basically he's towing and should have dropped it down a gear.

Did he happen to take the bike in on April 1?
Given the premium price that you pay for a Harley, Harley should offer very generous warranty service.
OTOH, given the sales Harley has seen over the past decade, Harley may not be too worried about [censored] off a few riders.
After all, what're they gonna do?
Buy a BMW or something Japanese?
Not likely!

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

Thats what I was thinking, and sometimes a trailer, a sidecar etc...
Apparently the ability of the rear fender to endure the aerodynamic load of the flags, exceeds that of the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back