Differential cover, F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
All- I just ordered an upgraded (2008 and later), finned aluminum OEM Ford diff cover for my F250 with the 10.5" sterling rear end. The whole shooting match was under $100, which is way mo better in my book than a mag-hytec for $250+. I understand finned aluminum differential covers cool better. Has anyone heard anything about 10.5" diffs prior to 2008 having issues? I understand them to be pretty bullet proof other than the steel covers rusting badly. I am bout to tow essentially across country and my diff cover is rusted, so I thought I would upgrade when I change out the oil. Any word on systemic problem areas with the 10.5 would be appreciated.

No real problem with these diffs that I know of, they're pretty bulletproof. I changed my oil out at 100K and everything in there still looked like brand new. Ford says it's a lifetime fill, but I figured that 100K was long enough. I just put my original cover back on, it was surprisingly not too rusty.

I thought that was with big tires....but no cooling issues? I am planning just to fill er up with valvoline synpower 75w140 and call 'er good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back