PP 5w30, 7,537km, 2013 F150 EB, 16,221km Total

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of Defending GM or Ford or whoever tooth and nail company's that don't care about you why not have an open mind they are not perfect and it takes time to see if a new tech or way of doing something is gonna last.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Instead of Defending GM or Ford or whoever tooth and nail company's that don't care about you why not have an open mind they are not perfect and it takes time to see if a new tech or way of doing something is gonna last.

Defending GM or Ford? I haven't been defending anyone. I'm asking questions to clarify what you meant. I don't even drive a Ford or GM.

Haven't cars been using aluminum suspensions for years?

Wow. Did this thread ever go bad. To the OP (if he's still around): Your test looks like most of the EB UOAs that have been posted. Check out the Ecoboost long term thread for some constructive information.

It appears that Ford speced 5W-30 for this motor to offset the fuel dilution issue. However, slowly stretching drain interval combined with UOAs should let you decide how far you are comfortable going on an OC.

aluminum suspension components

Post a picture of an aluminum tie rod from a new GM pickup.

Thanks AITG. Yes, Im still around but just watching this one from the sidelines, haha.

I plan to stretch the OCIs a little more and continue with UOAs until I am comfortable with things. I have a large stash of PP and motorcraft filters, so will continue using them for the next several oil changes.

When people aren't throwing rocks at each other, most folks feel Motorcraft filters are a good choice (me included). Any good 5W-30 oil will work fine.

The biggest issue is that DI engines have some fuel dilution. Whether or not its detrimental to the engine remains to be seen.

Enjoy your F-150. They're great trucks.

Never said tie rod was aluminum but that is has aluminum suspension components

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
aluminum suspension components

Post a picture of an aluminum tie rod from a new GM pickup.

This thread gets the grand prize for hijacking the topic to talk about something totally irrelevant to a UOA ... show a little respect for someone else's posted topic ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back