Paranoia Has Its Limits as Gun Sales Slump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't bought any more firearms since November, it was just getting too expensive. Plus I still need to kit out the ones I bought before I buy new ones. Trijicon optics are almost more than the firearms they are going on.

Oh good. I wouldn't mind hitting up the sales if prices drop.

Now if I could find ammo. And time.

FXJohn. Two reasons for the slow down in gun sales. One, the ammo shortage. A gun is just an expensive club without ammo. Two, many of the panic sales were to folks who did not have a gun and were afraid idiot politicians would make it impossible to buy one.

I have purchased three new rifles in the past year, including one a couple of weeks ago. The only thing that will slow me down is I'm running out of room in my gun safe. Time for a bigger safe.

And I reload my centerfire ammo and I've been stockpiling reloading components, so the ammo shortage doesn't affect me. And as far as .22 rimfire goes, I started stocking up on it long before Obama was elected and the scare started. Let's just say I am good on .22 LR ammo for the foreseeable future.

I hunt and I go to the range 2-3 times a month. Like me, other gun enthusiasts enjoy shooting as a hobby, and there are millions of us. Bottom line, real gun enthusiasts aren't into panic buying, they just buy because they want to.

From the tone of your post I take it that you are not a gun enthusiast, so I thought you might appreciate a different perspective. Cheers.

Maybe it will get back to normal now.

Hysterical, non-traditional buyers over the past few years should translate into some good used gun prices as their guns come back into shops.

The NRA scare dig is not really fair.

The threat was serious and the intent crippling and malicious for gun loving Americans.

But if you're drinking the Kool-aid you probably won't allow yourself to understand that.

What would a used 12 gauge pump cost me these days? The intructor in my mandatory gun safety said that was the best for home defense. He struck me as avery sensible guy. In order to keep Dad's war prize Luger, I got a license rather than give it up.

Originally Posted By: jhs914

I hunt and I go to the range 2-3 times a month. Like me, other gun enthusiasts enjoy shooting as a hobby, and there are millions of us. Bottom line, real gun enthusiasts aren't into panic buying, they just buy because they want to.

From the tone of your post I take it that you are not a gun enthusiast, so I thought you might appreciate a different perspective. Cheers.

Thanks, you said it all...

Originally Posted By: andyd
What would a used 12 gauge pump cost me these days? The intructor in my mandatory gun safety said that was the best for home defense. He struck me as avery sensible guy. In order to keep Dad's war prize Luger, I got a license rather than give it up.

Buy a brand new CZ for $350, awesome shotgun.

As in buying stocks, cars, or houses, I like to buy when the market is low. As far as hunting rifles, the latest issue of American Rifleman has an excellent article about bargain hunting rifles. I have not bought a currently-manufactured gun in years, but you can bet that I will probably buy several new guns this year as the market (hopefully) adjusts.
BTW, several years ago, there was some gun advice given by an anti-gun member on this board who said that instead of buying ammo, we should just let WalMart be our ammo storage unit and to let them just hold our ammo for us.
Worst gun-related advice ever.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
As in buying stocks, cars, or houses, I like to buy when the market is low. As far as hunting rifles, the latest issue of American Rifleman has an excellent article about bargain hunting rifles. I have not bought a currently-manufactured gun in years, but you can bet that I will probably buy several new guns this year as the market (hopefully) adjusts.
BTW, several years ago, there was some gun advice given by an anti-gun member on this board who said that instead of buying ammo, we should just let WalMart be our ammo storage unit and to let them just hold our ammo for us.
Worst gun-related advice ever.
The anti gunners that matter all have stock in the gun industry. I guarantee you that. No one is that good of gun salesman by accident. The rest, as pointed out, aren't good for much.

Sales have slowed because everyone finally is getting what they wanted to buy. That takes time when the desire is so high...for whatever reasons.

Sales will pick up again once the administration tries its next gun control push tied to some rare-but-spectacular event. It's a laugh to know they are the best firearm sales team EVAR!

I think, maybe, that the next scare might not be so sales-inducing seeing as how almost everyone in the nation has recently purchased firearms and ammunition.

And about that paranoia thing...

“[The experts on militias] accuse anti-goverment agitants of paranoia, yet they spin around and claim that militias speak in coded phrases, have underground bunkers, and are secretly conspiring to take over the world and enslave minorities.

They say it`s lunacy that men at the pentagon can conspire, yet they`re certain that farmers out on the plain are plotting as we speak.

They depict the United Nations as weak und ineffectual, yet they portray raggedy-a$$ backwoodsmen as the world`s biggest organized military threat. ”

Spins both directions, mate...

...Oh, Look! Post 1313...

Originally Posted By: Mykl
That's good. I need a shotgun.

I'll put my 2c in for a Mossberg 500, mine has been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back