my changing musical taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have always listened to stuff like pink floyd,the who,the doors etc. but lately something has changed and i cant figure it out. ive been listening to country! but not what your thinking.

im liking stuff by patsy cline,webb pierce,gene autry and marty robbins. the twangier the better.
grin.gif

i cant explain this

Its called getting older. Tastes change.

Should I dig around, and see if I can find my grandparents old boxcar Willie cassettes for you? ( I've not owned a tape deck in 10 yrs)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
Its called getting older. Tastes change.

Should I dig around, and see if I can find my grandparents old boxcar Willie cassettes for you? ( I've not owned a tape deck in 10 yrs)
i guess my boss never grew up then lol . hes 65 and only listenes to what i used to listen to. now he howels like a sick dog when i put a country cd in lol.

Maybe you're going deaf and the treble in country helps somehow...

Obligatory:

I've recently become partial to gangster rap and K-Pop after being a long time listerner of big-band and folk music.

Quote:
but lately something has changed
Aren't you the guy who literally stood on an empty (I hope!) explosive box and said "I do"? And now you are wondering as to what changed????????

Last edited:
I've been a hard rock, progressive rock listener, with guilty leanings toward heavy metal on bad days. But lately I have been buying big band CD's. Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman exist side by side with Rush, Joe Satriani, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple in my CD case. It's a rude shock to the ears when I go from Moonlight Serenade to Sweet Leaf.

Last edited:
Me,I've been immersed in 60s garage/psych rock ever since I was in high school. I have a HUGE collection of lps and 45s that take up our whole spare room,haha.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I can listen to older country music all day up to about the late 80s.

Modern country music is annoying.

+1

Originally Posted By: Chris142
i have always listened to stuff like pink floyd,the who,the doors etc. but lately something has changed and i cant figure it out. ive been listening to country! but not what your thinking.

im liking stuff by patsy cline,webb pierce,gene autry and marty robbins. the twangier the better.
grin.gif

i cant explain this

Chris, does the Mrs. like old country ??

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear

grin.gif

i cant explain this

Chris, does the Mrs. like old country ??
not really. she prefers ozzy

grin.gif

i cant explain this

It has to do with the ends of your DNA strands degrading with time.

Also called "aging." :)

I was always a huge prog-rock fan (and still am,) but the older I get the more I find my tastes broadening out, especially into other older genres like you're describing (throw in Chet Atkins too). I've even been buying old 20s-40s 78 RPM jazz recordings to play on the restored Victrola I inherited from my folks. Already had some classical 78s, but jazz (and big-band) just sound so COOL on that format!

Don't think anything will ever make me actually like hip-hop or techno... but who knows? Maybe that's exactly what I'll be blasting down the halls of the nursing home in another 30 years.
smile.gif

I'm all over the place ... from Metallica, Megadeth et al to Tchaikovsky over to Human League ... down to Bad Brains, sideways to Dave Bruebeck. If it sounds good, it is good (variation of a famous quote). BTW, I can't stand country .. and will switch it off immediately. The closest to country I like is some of the Allman bros music with Dickey Betts singing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back