Fuchs GT1 0w-20 discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someday they might wise up and sell it in the USA. That might be the best oil made right now but nobody can buy it that wants it.

The least of our worries over here. The thinnest we are likely to require over here is a 5w-30 grade, 0w-20 may take some time before it / or if it ever becomes readily available as a recommended grade.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil
The least of our worries over here. The thinnest we are likely to require over here is a 5w-30 grade, 0w-20 may take some time before it / or if it ever becomes readily available as a recommended grade.

Should 20W0 available in Down Under ?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: toyota62
This may be the replacement???

http://www.generaloils.net/2014-02-12_AIS-InfoFuchs_TITAN-GT1-EVO-0W-20_EN.PDF

That's very interesting!
The Fuchs TITAN GT1 EVO 0W-20 meets the BMW LL-14 FE+ spec' for use in the N20 engine.

I wonder if this oil uses the same Zinc free additive technology?

BTW, the Titan GT1 XTL 0W-20 is still available in Canada although it may be old stock. The problem is, it's over $20/L which is the top of the price range for exotic oils in NA.
I still have a 4L jug in oil stash.

Originally Posted By: toyota62
Castro oil that you mentioned is it available for retail sale? Guaranteed not.

It is a trade product available in 20L minimum. Retailers wont want to stock it for that reason but anyone can buy it. SCA/Repco etc could special order it in for you if you ask.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
The problem is, it's over $20/L which is the top of the price range for exotic oils in NA.
I still have a 4L jug in oil stash.

That's still a little less than the Millers Nano Drive Racing in the liter bottle price!
eek.gif

I once tried and could NOT find this elusive Fuchs product ANYWHERE in the continental U.S.
31.gif

My guess is that NO ONE brings it in as a distributor, and maybe just some small, unlisted sellers bring it in by the pallet load or so.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back