5/20 GM Recalls 2.42 Million Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are making a full sweep and getting all the skeletons out of the closet now in lieu of what happened last month.

Do you get the feeling that all of these issues were being saved for later as long as the government owned a chunk of GM? It wouldn't be nice to make Government Motors look bad, but it's OK to bash evil General Motors.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Do you get the feeling that all of these issues were being saved for later as long as the government owned a chunk of GM? It wouldn't be nice to make Government Motors look bad, but it's OK to bash evil General Motors.

I think that mat be a large portion of it. Of course we will never know.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
I think they are making a full sweep and getting all the skeletons out of the closet now in lieu of what happened last month.

Yep. I also think GM is currently in a "cover your [censored]" situation right now, making recalls for anything that could even possibly come back to bite them.

On NBC news tonight some GM rep said that they are making recalls "on items that are not normally recalled."
I wonder which ones he was talking about. The two directly related to passenger safety restraints, the one which can cause a fire or the one that can mislead the driver to think the vehicle is in a different gear.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Kind of like the conspiracy theory that when it was "Government Motors" there were a bunch of Toyota recalls drummed up to bolster GM sales and make the bailout look like a good idea? yeah...

^^^ Of course they HAD TO BE "drummed up", since we ALL know just how abjectly 'perfect and infallible' the Nippon Giant has to irrefutably be.
smirk.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
^^^ Of course they HAD TO BE "drummed up", since we ALL know just how abjectly 'perfect and infallible' the Nippon Giant has to irrefutably be.
smirk.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Times a dozen. No matter what they are condemned as another "evil" corporation, stealing babies to make a buck...

Originally Posted By: kmcavin
On NBC news tonight some GM rep said that they are making recalls "on items that are not normally recalled."
I wonder which ones he was talking about. The two directly related to passenger safety restraints, the one which can cause a fire or the one that can mislead the driver to think the vehicle is in a different gear.

It depends on how you look at it. Seat belt cables are not normally recalled. Makes me wonder where the cables are coming from (maybe China?). On the other hand, I did have a tailgate cable break under normal use on a Dodge truck.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
smirk.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Times a dozen. No matter what they are condemned as another "evil" corporation, stealing babies to make a buck...

I always had good service from my GM (and Chrysler) products. I really believe that 99%+ of the issue with the ignition switch issue was too much stuff on the keyring. I had a 2006 Cobalt, and never had any issues with the switch, but I only had two other keys on the ring. Females have a tendency to hang a bunch of stuff on their ring (I had to bust my wife on that) and the victims were female as far as I know. Also, did the cars meet gov't safety standards at the time? A lot of unknowns here. Not trying to make excuses for GMs cover up of of the change in part numbers. They had to know of issues at the time they changed the detent plunger spring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back