Engines, post them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dirtyengine.jpg

{Archive Photo} Filthy dirty perfectly running engine in the 2004 CVLX.
p71-engine0514.jpg

Another dirty engine in the 2002 CVPI.

Quote:
2013 Yaris 1NZ-FE - 6,800 miles - Good for 500,000 Plus Miles

I redline shifted one of those motors out to 230k miles...when I totaled it, it ran like new.

Wont post pics of my engine bays...they are dirty.

I heard they can handle a lot of 'spirited' driving. I'll have this car for the rest of my life...!

frown.gif
Mine(turbo 2.5L flat four) is currently hanging from an engine hoist with heads pulled. The turbo, intercooler, and various parts strewn about the trunk of the Legacy wagon......

Can't wait to get it back(Valve job & rings) and I believe it will come back cleaner.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Ranger that thing is clean!

Thanks! There's pollen all over it right now, but I try to keep it clean for 12 years/152K miles. It hasn't seen many dirt roads and pretty much no mud in the last year, so it has been staying pretty clean.

About once a year I soak it on some sort of orange/cirtus cleaner, hose it off real good, spray on rubber/vinyl protectant, then take it for a drive. Works like a charm for not doing an in depth, scrub every corner cleaning. There's dirt/oil "film" on the valve covers that would need to be scrubbed off, but not much other buildup.

2003 Elantra; 212k miles:

IMG_1832.jpg

2005 BMW 330Ci; at around 13k miles:
(currently has 42k miles but looks pretty much the same - don't have a current pic):

engineedit-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back