Oil spec for a 2012 VW Jetta S 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine a 2012 jetta with the 2.0 SOHC. IM not sure if it requires the same specs as the rest of the engine lineup but I cant imagine a 20 year old engine would require anything more than a 5w30. Anybody know?

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
A friend of mine a 2012 jetta with the 2.0 SOHC. IM not sure if it requires the same specs as the rest of the engine lineup but I cant imagine a 20 year old engine would require anything more than a 5w30. Anybody know?

Age has nothing to do with it. Part of VW oil requirements stem from extended oil change intervals. VW standard OCI is 10K miles, and VW 502.00 spec helps assure that an oil will last that long.

If you're still under warranty, I'd stick to oil meeting VW 502.00 spec. After that, if you're going to change the oil early, probably any mineral 5w-30 would do.

I still cant find the 10w-30 delo...

You've gotta be [censored] me! None in Walmart?

Originally Posted By: wemay
I still cant find the 10w-30 delo...

You've gotta be [censored] me! None in Walmart?

My local stores dont carry it. I checked them all.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Age has nothing to do with it. Part of VW oil requirements stem from extended oil change intervals. VW standard OCI is 10K miles, and VW 502.00 spec helps assure that an oil will last that long.

If you're still under warranty, I'd stick to oil meeting VW 502.00 spec. After that, if you're going to change the oil early, probably any mineral 5w-30 would do.

I hadnt thought about the 10k interval. He does it every 5k tho so a 5w-30 should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back