O'Reilly Branded Full Synthetic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an opinion on this or know who makes it for O'Reilly ? Seems to be a good price for a full synthetic, especially when part of one of their oil change specials. Thanks.

no clue off hand, but that Bottle Design is Made by Plastipak, and is Used for Meijer store branded oil, which is made by Warren.

so...my semi educated guess is Warren.

of course that same bottle is also used for Roundup....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Question: Who makes O'Reilly's brand of oil?

Answer: O'Reilly's brand of oil is manufactured and packaged by Omni Specialty Packaging. Omni is an independent lubricant manufacturer in Shreveport, LA. While Omni is not affiliated with any "major" manufacturer, we do buy our base oils from companies like Exxon/Mobil and Shell.

Question: What specs does O'Reilly motor oil meet and how does it compare to name brand oils?

Answer: O'Reilly brand motor oils meet API 'SM' service classification and where applicable ILSAC 'GF-4'. Both API 'SM' and ILSAC 'GF-4' are the latest industry standards for passenger car motor oils. These are the same specifications that all "major" brand oils should meet.

http://www.oreillylubetech.com/

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...323#Post1878323

I found this... Looks like some company named OMNI

But it goes deeper than that...again, not sure if this info is current:

From O'Reilly Lube Tech FAQ:

Question: Who makes O'Reilly's brand of oil?

Answer: O'Reilly's brand of oil is manufactured and packaged by Omni Specialty Packaging. Omni is an independent lubricant manufacturer in Shreveport, LA. While Omni is not affiliated with any "major" manufacturer, we do buy our base oils from companies like Exxon/Mobil and Shell. Lubrizol Corporation manufactures Omni's additives. Lubrizol is the largest lubricant additive manufacturer in the world."

Bud_One, you beat me to it!!!!

Last edited:
I put some 5w/20 and a primeguard filter in a used kia 1.6 engine I got running sunday afternoon, Ill let ya know how it does in about 5,000-7500 miles....:)....

It's a pretty good oil fir the price. No complaints with it. I bought it when it first came out. $17.99 for 5 qt jug with M1 filter. Haven't seen this offer again since it's launch. With cheap filters yes but not with m1 filters anymore.

Good syn oil for everyday drivers.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Anyone currently using it that has any comments on it ? Good or bad ?

Used it in the MIL's Focus for 6k....held up pretty well....

Those are the options. 22.99 for OR oil and a Microguard (Wix) filter seemed like good deal. On second thought, the other two with $15 rebates possibly even better. Have used Edge. Never tried Pennzoil.

Currently have that in the Accent (DI engine). So far it has about 1,000 miles on the oil. I jumped on it when I saw the 22.99 sale price, but decided to run an OEM filter that I already had and stashed the Bosch for the next run.

It seems to be holding up well and seems no different that the 5w20 Kendall Syn Blend that I was running for a long time before this oil. Seems to be a good, basic, synthetic oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
I'd be more worried about the Bosch filter these days than the oil choice.
wink.gif

Unfortunately you're right.

I would run that syn in my D.I. Turbo for 5K miles without nary a concern. (5K because that is the max allowed by mfr.)

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE

Currently have that in the Accent (DI engine). So far it has about 1,000 miles on the oil. I jumped on it when I saw the 22.99 sale price, but decided to run an OEM filter that I already had and stashed the Bosch for the next run.

It seems to be holding up well and seems no different that the 5w20 Kendall Syn Blend that I was running for a long time before this oil. Seems to be a good, basic, synthetic oil
smile.gif

Thanks for the info...
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back