Ignition switch fix would've been $1 per vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
I didn't want to start a new thread but I'm just curious, any owners actually go have the recall done?

I stopped by a dealer I found when looking for some parts last week and they had told me they've yet to see parts, this was on the 19th.

Guess you missed my post..
wink.gif

I went to take the Balt in, and because they had no room left in the lot, told me to take mine home, and put it in the driveway or garage if I could. Got the rental, got set up for an appointment, will be called when the part is ready for my car. At this point, it could be a while for me....

Kinda glad mine is home, as I can keep it warmed up once in a while, and cleaned it up and worked on it as well. Some of those cars have been sitting for quite a while now...

I'm only guessing based on what I know...mine might get done at the end of may.....just a guess though!

thumbsup2.gif
Yeah by the time I read through the previous 6 pages I ran out of time to edit. Cool that they let you take it home, as that is my main concern - don't have much desire for it to be sitting on the dealers lot for a month, though it would be pretty cool to keep the miles off our cars and get a rental, might have to consider that...

According to USA Today, GM's retail sales are up 6.9% for the month of April. I guess the recall didn't kill GM as so many had hoped for.

I got a notice of recall, for the 2009 Solstice, for this switch issue.

AFAIK, the switch in our car is fine. I think they've gone overboard on this recall.

I doubt that I'll even bother with getting it done - if they ever get the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back