Coffee - Your Current Brew

I'm still alive after my cup. Very complex aroma and body btw.

He must have cold-brewed his civet coffee then.

The lethal temp. for most bacterial pathogens is less than 150F. Considering most coffee makers brew around 200F and water boils at 212F, that would kill the spirochetes that cause Leptospirosis or possibly the gram(-) bacilli in Salmonella that may have been associated with his symptoms.

My current stash for this 3rd quarter.

jgqo3b.jpg

Illy Espresso double shot.
I'm so addicted I had to for my self, give it up this week. I can not wait till Saturday morning!

IT HAS BEEN ROUGH.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I saw the Cafe Bustelo espresso at Wal-Mart earlier.

I actually just grabbed a bag of it since I ran out of my regular stock. At $3, I don't have high expectations, but the reviews on Amazon are surprisingly good.

DSC_5577.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
On a related note, my sister and her husband went to Bali last year, and bought some kopi luwak for her father-in-law. Not sure what was in it (apart from the stuff that we know that's in it), but apparently it made him violently ill.

You have to be careful you get the coffee beans and not the stuff that came with it.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I saw the Cafe Bustelo espresso at Wal-Mart earlier.

I actually just grabbed a bag of it since I ran out of my regular stock. At $3, I don't have high expectations, but the reviews on Amazon are surprisingly good.

DSC_5577.jpg

It's very good for the price, just use about 10-15% more.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

It's very good for the price, just use about 10-15% more.

Just tried it today. Not a big fan. It's potent, for sure, but very bitter. It lacks the flavor refinement that I'm used to from Alessi or Lavazza.

Although I'll stick to my Folgers, black, the wife just bought one of those Keruig things and ordered about 200 k-cups, an assortment.

When I retired in April 2014, the wonderful folks that I worked with gave me a very nice office party along with a new coffee maker & a set of beautiful coffee mugs(you can guess what the mugs say) for me and others to enjoy. Also, they gave me 12/13 different sealed bags of flavored coffees. Most coffees are of the vanilla/cream, caramel/cream, vanilla/caramel & hazelnut flavors(all of my favorites) and I am just loving it...Retirement too!
smile.gif

Aldi's Morning Roast Whole Bean is AWESOME!!

...and it's ONLY $3.99 a bag!
banana2.gif

Anyone try it yet??

Originally Posted By: Turk

Anyone try it yet??

I would, but then I'd have to buy a grinder.
smile.gif
One of these days...

They got it Ground, but not sire if it's as good as the Whole Bean.

It's the small beans, so it could be Peaberry, that may make it have it's special taste...

Alternating between Trader Joe's Organic Bolivian, so good. The other in the rotation right now is some Roastmaster's Reserve from Caribou Coffee. It was sourced from Columbia. It is so good that I save it for day's off. Its a one and done, not something they have all the time.

Back