OCI for wife's Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Lot's of short trips. Wife is a real estate broker, so she is constantly running around town. Get's the occasional 100+ mile roadtrip about once or twice a month.

I have a stash of PU 5w-20, and a stash of PureOne filters. (I know, I know. Tearalators...)

I'm thinking 4-5000..... Your thoughts??

Jeep OLM is calibrated with conventional or at most semi-synthetic, you use PU which is one of best over the shelf synthetic, you can go full OLM(down to zero) without problem.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Jeep OLM is calibrated with conventional or at most semi-synthetic, you use PU which is one of best over the shelf synthetic, you can go full OLM(down to zero) without problem.

Very true; perhaps using 5000 as a starting point to verify the OLM and extending from there if OP is comfortable.

The OLM on our '11 Wrangler doesn't show a percentage. It just changes the odometer to say "Change Oil" for about a minute after you start the engine. However, since it is set with conventional oil in mind, you could easily go well past it with PU.

Just watch out for consumption. 2011 was the last year for the 3.8...a known oil drinker. Ours isn't too bad, (yet) it's down a quart at about 4000-5000 miles.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
The OLM on our '11 Wrangler doesn't show a percentage. It just changes the odometer to say "Change Oil" for about a minute after you start the engine. However, since it is set with conventional oil in mind, you could easily go well past it with PU.

Just watch out for consumption. 2011 was the last year for the 3.8...a known oil drinker. Ours isn't too bad, (yet) it's down a quart at about 4000-5000 miles.

Good advice.

The manual for '11 says to change within 500 miles of the change oil warning.
If you were so inclined you could sample for UOA at that time.

If warranty is still a concern, don't exceed the 6-month 8,000 mile maximum interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back