Anyone want some cheap Purolator cartridge filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to stumble across these older Purolator cartridge filters at my local Fleet Farm store while looking for a filter for a riding mower. FF stopped carrying Purolator filters a couple of years ago, and I guess they must have had these hiding in the back room somewhere. Most of them on the shelf predate the current classic design, so they're older than 2009.

I thought that since I've received a great deal of help from the membership here that I'd try to pay it forward a little and offer them up for anyone who can utilize them in their vehicles. Here are some quick cell phone pics.

This filter is listed as a fit for Volvo 2.5l 5 cylinder engines for a wide range of years.

This one is listed for a large listing of MB vehicles across many engines and the Chrysler Crossfire.

And this one lists out for VAG 2.0t and 2.5 5 cylinder engines for the last several years.

The L35234 and the L35581 are identical filters according to Purolator, just with different o-rings and gaskets included for the different applications.

I also opened a couple of each and for the L35234 the ones I opened were marked MANN 719/6, the L25276 were not branded buy made in India and China, and the L35581 was not marked at all. But judging by their age, I'd hazard a guess that they are all sourced from OE manufacturers instead of made in house by Purolator.

If you're local in Appleton, WI, by all means jump all over these. If you're not, I'd certainly be willing to ship you a half dozen in a USPS medium flat rate box (or however many fit in the box). Just post in this thread what ones you're interested in and we'll talk. There were about 20-25 of each filter on the shelf, so first come first served. I'll work it this way - I'll send out the filters you want and when you receive them you can decide what would be a fair compensation. I don't expect anything, as I said I'm viewing this as paying it forward for the help that I've already received. It's totally on the honor system.

Just an addition: These three filters were the only ones available as Fleet Farm discontinued Purolator a couple of years ago.

For anyone else, I'm usually only on the site during the day up to 4pm CST when I leave work. I'll keep checking in and respond to any other requests the following day.

Amazing BITOG poster. Asked for six filters for two vehicles. They arrived in a few days. He would not take any money for the filters, the shipping or his time.

Thank you!

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Amazing BITOG poster. Asked for six filters for two vehicles. They arrived in a few days. He would not take any money for the filters, the shipping or his time.

Thank you!

You're very welcome! Oddly, you are the only taker on these cheap filters so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back