OIL - Why do you choose what you choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs! Has to meet manufacturer's requirements. A 5W30 synthetic good enough for the Honda/Acura HTO-06 K23 turbo motor, I would think does well in my motor, a 4B11T (EVO X GSR). Usually I'd go M1, M1EP, PP, or CE.

Cost, specs, and experience of oil.

I like Castrol Edge Extended Performance in my 2014 Mustang GT, runs really smooth and quiet with it

In the daily driver, 2005 Hyundai Elantra, Mobil 1 HM and no issues with it running on Mobil 1

Because some Irish guy years ago wacked me with a dipstick.... honestly grew up watching my pops run castrol. My 99 Sierra 5.3 clocked 300k on syntec.

I believe that 'whims' are supernatural occurrences, and thus that buying oil 'on a whim' is a sign from God that oil is definitely the best choice one could ever make.
Sometimes if I don't feel a whim occurring, I know that there is no good oil there in that store, and so I go somewhere else and wait for an oil to literally jump off the shelf at me - and that works with filters, too. Just the last time I was at Wally World, lurking in the automotive section, a Motorcraft filter flew across the isle and smacked me across the face, and landed perfectly in my cart.

Originally Posted By: 209paulc
Because some Irish guy years ago wacked me with a dipstick.... honestly grew up watching my pops run castrol. My 99 Sierra 5.3 clocked 300k on syntec.

"Now that's thinkin' with yer dipstick, Jimmy!"

~ Triton

I like all oils... I just prefer Amsoil. My wifes car runs quieter on it than M1 and it stopped an annoying lifter tick in my 2500HD that would only occur when driving on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back