Russia...US is banned from ISS space station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In another case of globalist arrogance causing blowback, Russia has told NASA that its astronauts are banned from using the ISS beginning in 2020. NASA has no other way of getting to the space station except for Russian rockets.

Looks like the arrogant globalist western leaders are going to keep shooting themselves in the foot until they suffer enough setbacks to learn their lesson. You don't tinker or meddle in someone else's backyard. But unfortunately they don't get it and probably never will until they defeat themselves.

Russia tells US its astronauts are banned from the ISS space station beginning in 2020.

Time for another red line . . .

or maybe some 1980's foreign policy.

Putin fancies himself as a modern Stalin, on a mission to rebuild the USSR. That means he only respects one thing.

I've been given time-outs from this site before for less political-sounding statements, much less starting a thread that will do nothing but descend into political flame-throwing.

So this starts in 2020... BFD.......

And yes, it's a political decision. A_Harman is right. Flame fest is a comin......

Russia has some major internal problems that Putin is trying to deflect attention from by drumming up national unity sentiment. The Olympics is one glaring example of that, where govt. money was funneled to his friends and won't be paid back ever, while the site was a rundown, terrorist target close to the border that won't be utilized future.
I've read his "administration" was showing real signs of breaking down and losing support of the countries upper1% (oligarchy) .
Yea this probably isn't a good bitog topic, but XOM has deals with Russian oil companies.
Time to spend of of our overly massive defense budget on a rocket program, and start improving our countries infrastructure while also.

Last edited:
@Volvohead, that may be the case, but then again the US had been actively enforcing it's will around the rest of the world for the past two decades now without a viable counterforce, Russia will fill that vacuum.

I don't see this is a political decision it is a decision based on
economic issues. The US is attacking Russia economically.

Last edited:
Don't know whether you've checked the calendar, but 2020 is aways off.
IOW, the Russians are laying down a marker with no meaning.
They know this.
They also know that without American money to finance launches of personnel going to the station, along with supplies, as well as personnel returning from it, there'll be no ISS.
An empty threat based upon the timing alone, as well as the financial realities.
I'm sure that NASA must be in full panic mode, although they're paniced because they can't stop rolling on the floor in laughter.
Anyway, if Putin's dreams come to fruition, he'll have been purged long before 2020 rolls around and he'll be in a camp in the Far East learning what hard work and the old USSR are really all about.
I before the lock!

2020 will be too late-to-matter. Our new friends will be coming to us, prior to 2020.
50.gif
50.gif
50.gif
50.gif

But you forget, China has far more financial might that the US does now...it would be more beneficial for Russia to invite more Chinese into the arrangement on the ISS.

The Chinese have far more to offer now than the US does, they've proven that they have the ability and the financial might to commit to it too.

As for technology, the Russians can look to other nations to provide that directly or indirectly. No issue for them.

Last edited:
It's a response to US banning sales of high tech equipment to Russia.

In diplomatic circles it's called tit-for-tat.

Hardly an earth shaking action.

Russia's deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin announced that Moscow would stop supplying the U.S. with rocket engines used in military satellite launches and suspend operation of GPS ground stations in Russian territory.

Again, hardly earth shaking.

Last edited:
I have no domestic political comment on this one. I know the rules here, so will keep that to myself.

But from a foreign policy perspective, Putin is a dangerous actor, looking to recover from earlier losses, and needs to be treated as such. The Russians are rearming more competently than many in America realize. The Chinese, too.

Like it or not, the rest of the world still looks to us to lead the way.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
But you forget, China has far more financial might that the US does now...it would be more beneficial for Russia to invite more Chinese into the arrangement on the ISS.

The Chinese have far more to offer now than the US does, they've proven that they have the ability and the financial might to commit to it too.

As for technology, the Russians can look to other nations to provide that directly or indirectly. No issue for them.

Mark this: the Chinese and Russians will be at war over Siberia in the next 25 years. It's an inevitable fight for natural resources. The Chinese are the next Goliath. That should factor into our long-term strategic thinking in dealing with the Russians now.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

ROFLMAO!
China has an economy built upon supplying low margin finished goods to the West and has debt levels that make those of the US at any point look prudent.
China is neither a millitary nor an economic threat.
Even if it were, why would a leading China want to form an alliance with a failing Russia when it could just run right over them?

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
I have no domestic political comment on this one. I know the rules here, so will keep that to myself.

But from a foreign policy perspective, Putin is a dangerous actor, looking to recover from earlier losses, and needs to be treated as such. The Russians are rearming more competently than many in America realize. The Chinese, too.

Like it or not, the rest of the world still looks to us to lead the way.

Not quite.

In fact if you asked citizens from every nation you might find that they'd prefer that the American military just mind it's own business,and stop invading every territory deemed strategic or asset.
In fact you might find that you are only leading the way to your own demise,since not everyone agrees with American boots on the ground that isn't part of America.
Not that I personally care much other than propaganda has put American sons and daughters in harms way.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

China is neither a millitary nor an economic threat.

They're a billion people with an industrialized economy and nuclear armed.

I beg to differ. They are in fact both threats.

Europeans (Britain in particular) made the same miscalculations about the US before 1920.

I'd rather think of China as a competitor, rather than a threat. I don't think there's any good to be had by thinking of them in hostile terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back