Wife went shooting this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife took a shooting class with two other gals from church. She did great. She took the Kel-Tec P-32 and the CZ P-09. She shot one magazine through the P-32 and two magazines through the P-09. She liked the P-09 better...much easier for her to handle.

However, she didn't like that there wasn't much slide to grab. Indeed, CZs, with their internal slide rails, don't give you a lot of slide real estate to get a good purchase on. And she has small hands/fingers, so it would help for her to have more slide to grab.

So I think we're going to buy a Glock 26. I have relieved myself of my discomfort with a Glock's short trigger pull. That was really the only thing I wasn't terribly comfortable with, but I think I've gotten over it. I love how, because everyone seems to own one, you can get accessories and parts for them EVERYWHERE. I can get Glock mags everywhere (for cheap); I can get a whole host of quality holsters everywhere; I can buy all sorts of mods/parts/grips made specifically for it. I love our CZ, but there's also not a whole lot of customization I can do, at least not without getting into a lot of money.

So anyway, I think we're looking at a G26. My dad can buy a Blue Label model, which really makes them an excellent value.

My wife says she feels better and safer since I taught her pistolcraft.She is a good shot,a reactive shooter.

I feel better when I'm away at nights knowing she has some defensive capability.Although some nights when I come in I announce myself.

My wife said, "I could probably shoot somebody with your guns." I said, "that's not good enough; I need you to tell me 'I know that I can shoot somebody!'" This is obviously just the first step. Next step is getting something she's comfortable operating. She likes me neighbor's Glocks, and said the slide is easy to rack.

Who knows...maybe we get a G26 and we like it so much, we replace our CZ with a G17 for the house.

My wife shoots and shoots well. Qualifies expert with M4 and M9 every year. One of the many things that I found attractive about her.

My wife's favorite gun is my G19. She thought the G26 was just a little too small.

I'm getting my wife used to shooting, right now just with the walther p22. I have her practicing double taps on two side by side targets. I think women with practice can shoot better than men, as the don't muscle the gun.

I started my wife off with a 410 shotgun, a 22lr bolt action, and a 22lr pistol. Worked her way up to a 20ga, an AR15, and a 38 special. Now she actually owns her own CAR15, a 12ga, and a 40 S&W.

I find its always best to start someone small and work them up in steps so they stay comfortable.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
I started my wife off with a 410 shotgun, a 22lr bolt action, and a 22lr pistol. Worked her way up to a 20ga, an AR15, and a 38 special. Now she actually owns her own CAR15, a 12ga, and a 40 S&W.

I find its always best to start someone small and work them up in steps so they stay comfortable.

Good for her! It's important for women to be able to defend themselves nowadays, in this violence filled world we live in. What kind of 40 does she carry?

Last edited:
She has my old Beretta Cougar in 40 S&W. I gave it to her when I got a new Px4. Back in 2009 when I was gone for a weekend hunting trip she did have someone kick in the back door. She ran upstairs, called the cops, and grabbed her car15. When the perp saw her coming around the corner with it he ran out the back like lightning. Never had a problem since. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back