Recent Topics
1991 Clean Acura NSX with some mods for $45k
by HTSS_TR
9 minutes 1 second ago
Tiny metal particles suspended in oil?
by rustypigeon
49 minutes 30 seconds ago
M1 0w20, 10,093 miles, 2006 Civic
by Patman
Today at 02:13 PM
5w-40 synthetic vs 15w-40 synthetic
by mbacfp
Today at 01:27 PM
SCAM!Anyone renting their water heater tank?
by KrisZ
Today at 01:16 PM
Donaldson PowerCore as HEPA filter?
by PeterPolyol
Today at 01:13 PM
Clearance oversized filters for M20x1.5 w/bypass
by PeterPolyol
Today at 01:05 PM
Prestone vs. DEX-COOL Concentrate
by Ramblejam
Today at 12:54 PM
Severe service and OEM oil Filters
by Tech819
Today at 12:46 PM
ContiTech Pro Series timing belt kit 2009 Galant
by Ruturaj
Today at 12:25 PM
Bogus Coolant Test! - did Pat Goss make a mistake?
by i_hate_autofraud
Today at 11:57 AM
The "zero posters"
by OVERKILL
Today at 11:57 AM
Newest Members
scuff, Tuar, ATFD48, Enumeratum, poc
58290 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (69GTX, 901Memphis, 3for3, 01rangerxl, 1JZ_E46, 97f150, 11 invisible), 2115 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
58290 Members
66 Forums
250886 Topics
4112142 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#336955 - 05/04/05 10:00 PM Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
philipsearcy Offline


Registered: 07/22/04
Posts: 94
Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana
I was at the local Meijer store May 02, 2005 and they had just pulled all of the Purolator filters to be sent back to the manufacturer. They already had the Frams on the shelf. As far as I know, I can only buy Purolators from Advanced Auto and Pep Boys now. Meijer had great prices for the Purolators, the others are at least $1 more. Philip.

Top
#336956 - 05/04/05 10:02 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
ediamiam Offline


Registered: 06/01/04
Posts: 650
Loc: Northern California
I've seen Purolator Premium Plus at Sears locally in Sacramento, but don't go to enough Sears to know if that is common. I would think so, though.

Top
#336957 - 05/04/05 10:16 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
T-Keith Offline


Registered: 01/20/04
Posts: 4869
Loc: MN
Yes, SEARS and FleetFarm(probably not in your area) stock them for cheaper then Advanced or Pep boys.

-T

Top
#336958 - 05/04/05 10:21 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
sjlee Offline


Registered: 07/07/04
Posts: 259
Loc: WI
In addition, if you have a Menards near you, they carry Quaker State oil filters which are rebranded Purolator Premium Plus filters.

Top
#336959 - 05/05/05 12:42 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
Winston Offline


Registered: 04/07/05
Posts: 1904
Loc: Bay Area, CA
My sears near me only has the premium plus Purolators. It does not carry the Pure One.

Top
#336960 - 05/05/05 01:04 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
novadude Offline


Registered: 01/16/03
Posts: 1391
Loc: mechanicsburg, PA
Pretty soon all we will have left available is Frams and Ecores, and all of our engines will go BOOM! [Eek!]

[LOL!] (just kidding)

Top
#336961 - 05/05/05 01:05 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
T-Keith Offline


Registered: 01/20/04
Posts: 4869
Loc: MN
Quaker states apear to have less media and may have different construction, so I wouldn't compare them directly to the premium plus. A lot of people like to make the generalization that if the same company makes two products they are the same, this has shown time after time not to be true.

-T

Top
#336962 - 05/05/05 02:26 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
Whimsey Online   content


Registered: 12/22/02
Posts: 3493
Loc: The Garden State
Check out the Advance Auto Total Grip filters, the ones with the rough texture red paint. They use the Fram numbering system but they are NOT Frams. From all outward appearances they seem to be Purolator Premium plus filters. They are less than the Purolater Plus's and about a buck less than the Fram's. The Sear's by me carriers the Purolater plus filters also.

Whimsey

Top
#336963 - 05/05/05 03:30 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
T-Keith Offline


Registered: 01/20/04
Posts: 4869
Loc: MN
quote:
Originally posted by Whimsey:
Check out the Advance Auto Total Grip filters, the ones with the rough texture red paint. They use the Fram numbering system but they are NOT Frams. From all outward appearances they seem to be Purolator Premium plus filters. They are less than the Purolater Plus's and about a buck less than the Fram's. The Sear's by me carriers the Purolater plus filters also.

Whimsey

Again, made by purolator, but not the same. Less and different media then the premium plus.

-T

Top
#336964 - 05/05/05 11:00 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
Bill Offline


Registered: 07/01/02
Posts: 477
Loc: Auburn Hills, Michigan
philip,

Not all of the filters were sent back to the manufacturer [Big Grin]

Meijer has had a sale on the Purolater filters for the last two to three weeks,
Premium Plus oil filters for $2.30, Purolater Air filters for $9.00 (with $1.00 off coupon) instead of $16.99.
I bought enough filters for both cars for two to three years of oil changes [Happy]

Top
#336965 - 05/06/05 12:01 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
99 Offline


Registered: 01/10/05
Posts: 631
Loc: SW burbs of Chicago
quote:
Originally posted by philipsearcy:
I was at the local Meijer store May 02, 2005 and they had just pulled all of the Purolator filters to be sent back to the manufacturer. They already had the Frams on the shelf. As far as I know, I can only buy Purolators from Advanced Auto and Pep Boys now. Meijer had great prices for the Purolators, the others are at least $1 more. Philip.

Fools. Smart move.....what nitwit in marketing decided that? Geez, let's pull a high quality filter off our shelves that costs LESS than a poor quality Fram. That person and his/her boss should be fired. [Cool]

Top
#336966 - 05/06/05 12:03 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
99 Offline


Registered: 01/10/05
Posts: 631
Loc: SW burbs of Chicago
quote:
Originally posted by Winston:
My sears near me only has the premium plus Purolators. It does not carry the Pure One.

Ditto. Glad to see Sears is carrying them....now I can shop for tools and filters at the same time.

Top
#336967 - 05/07/05 07:32 AM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
Best F100 Offline


Registered: 09/19/04
Posts: 446
Loc: Tennessee
quote:
Originally posted by 99:
quote:
Originally posted by philipsearcy:
I was at the local Meijer store May 02, 2005 and they had just pulled all of the Purolator filters to be sent back to the manufacturer. They already had the Frams on the shelf. As far as I know, I can only buy Purolators from Advanced Auto and Pep Boys now. Meijer had great prices for the Purolators, the others are at least $1 more. Philip.

Fools. Smart move.....what nitwit in marketing decided that? Geez, let's pull a high quality filter off our shelves that costs LESS than a poor quality Fram. That person and his/her boss should be fired. [Cool]
------------------------------------------------

I went to the Meijer web site and protested the filter change. I found that NITWIT to be:
Mark Carpenter
Meijer Automotive Buyer/ Merchander
2929 Walker NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
(616) 791 - 3142
[email protected]

I also bought up 4 years worth of reduced Puralator filters before they were gone.

Top
#336968 - 05/11/05 10:22 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
opus1 Offline


Registered: 12/13/04
Posts: 2253
Loc: Chicago Area
The Aurora, IL, Meijer had the boys from Fram in there yesterday putting up the orange wall.

Darn near vomited right then and there..... [freaknout]

Top
#336969 - 05/11/05 11:20 PM Re: Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves
B00SS Offline


Registered: 03/03/05
Posts: 490
Loc: Ft Worth, Republic of Texas
I just e-mailed Mark at the address above:

Mark,
I have been told you may know something about Meijer pulling the Purolater brand from your stores. I have found Purolater to be one of the highest quality filters for the money. Will I truly be forced to shop elsewhere for this brand? Can you shed any light as to why this decision was made?
Michael

Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >