Meijer pulled Purolator from their shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the local Meijer store May 02, 2005 and they had just pulled all of the Purolator filters to be sent back to the manufacturer. They already had the Frams on the shelf. As far as I know, I can only buy Purolators from Advanced Auto and Pep Boys now. Meijer had great prices for the Purolators, the others are at least $1 more. Philip.

Yes, SEARS and FleetFarm(probably not in your area) stock them for cheaper then Advanced or Pep boys.

-T

In addition, if you have a Menards near you, they carry Quaker State oil filters which are rebranded Purolator Premium Plus filters.

Pretty soon all we will have left available is Frams and Ecores, and all of our engines will go BOOM!
shocked.gif

lol.gif
(just kidding)

Quaker states apear to have less media and may have different construction, so I wouldn't compare them directly to the premium plus. A lot of people like to make the generalization that if the same company makes two products they are the same, this has shown time after time not to be true.

-T

Check out the Advance Auto Total Grip filters, the ones with the rough texture red paint. They use the Fram numbering system but they are NOT Frams. From all outward appearances they seem to be Purolator Premium plus filters. They are less than the Purolater Plus's and about a buck less than the Fram's. The Sear's by me carriers the Purolater plus filters also.

Whimsey

quote:

Originally posted by Whimsey:
Check out the Advance Auto Total Grip filters, the ones with the rough texture red paint. They use the Fram numbering system but they are NOT Frams. From all outward appearances they seem to be Purolator Premium plus filters. They are less than the Purolater Plus's and about a buck less than the Fram's. The Sear's by me carriers the Purolater plus filters also.

Whimsey

Again, made by purolator, but not the same. Less and different media then the premium plus.

-T

philip,

Not all of the filters were sent back to the manufacturer
grin.gif

Meijer has had a sale on the Purolater filters for the last two to three weeks,
Premium Plus oil filters for $2.30, Purolater Air filters for $9.00 (with $1.00 off coupon) instead of $16.99.
I bought enough filters for both cars for two to three years of oil changes
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by philipsearcy:
I was at the local Meijer store May 02, 2005 and they had just pulled all of the Purolator filters to be sent back to the manufacturer. They already had the Frams on the shelf. As far as I know, I can only buy Purolators from Advanced Auto and Pep Boys now. Meijer had great prices for the Purolators, the others are at least $1 more. Philip.

Fools. Smart move.....what nitwit in marketing decided that? Geez, let's pull a high quality filter off our shelves that costs LESS than a poor quality Fram. That person and his/her boss should be fired.
cool.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Winston:
My sears near me only has the premium plus Purolators. It does not carry the Pure One.

Ditto. Glad to see Sears is carrying them....now I can shop for tools and filters at the same time.

quote:

Originally posted by 99:

quote:

Originally posted by philipsearcy:

Fools. Smart move.....what nitwit in marketing decided that? Geez, let's pull a high quality filter off our shelves that costs LESS than a poor quality Fram. That person and his/her boss should be fired.
cool.gif

------------------------------------------------

I went to the Meijer web site and protested the filter change. I found that NITWIT to be:
Mark Carpenter
Meijer Automotive Buyer/ Merchander
2929 Walker NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
(616) 791 - 3142
[email protected]

I also bought up 4 years worth of reduced Puralator filters before they were gone.

The Aurora, IL, Meijer had the boys from Fram in there yesterday putting up the orange wall.

Darn near vomited right then and there.....
gr_eek2.gif

I just e-mailed Mark at the address above:

Mark,
I have been told you may know something about Meijer pulling the Purolater brand from your stores. I have found Purolater to be one of the highest quality filters for the money. Will I truly be forced to shop elsewhere for this brand? Can you shed any light as to why this decision was made?
Michael

quote:

Originally posted by B00SS:
I just e-mailed Mark at the address above:

Mark,
I have been told you may know something about Meijer pulling the Purolater brand from your stores. I have found Purolater to be one of the highest quality filters for the money. Will I truly be forced to shop elsewhere for this brand? Can you shed any light as to why this decision was made?
Michael

Mark's response:

Thank you for your inquiry as to why Meijer has switched from Purolator to Fram filters. Meijer has experienced a decline in Purolator sales fro several straight years, forcing me to investigate the filter market. It is my responsibility to deliver the best quality program for our customer, while achieving the goals Meijer has set for my department. This was not easy but after a hard review, the Fram program was a clear winner. Fram’s quality, pricing, advertising, etc. will deliver more to Meijer and Meijer’s customer than the program available from Purolator. There is a reason Fram is the #1 filter, please give this program your support.

Thank you again for your question.

Mark Carpenter

Buyer/Merchandiser Automotive

E-mail [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back