Is Durablend any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically I've been switching oils since I've had my car and it's probably seen about 5 different brands and types.
I know this is not normally desired and I've found I prefer valvoline oils, and have run their engine armour before which I liked. Ran much quieter than with the shell that's in now.
Now I've heard a lot of good reviews about Durablend and I saw it on sale for the first time a few weeks ago at my local Big W homestore, and in 10w30 too! Never been so excited! It's pretty cheap too and I get discount on top at that store as I work for the Woolworths group.
I would like to use this as my regular go to oil now every 7,500kms instead of changing all the time, would this be a good choice?

Yea, it'd be a good choice for the car in your signature. And, since you like Valvoline Oils along with the good price you mentioned, I'd stock up!
smile.gif

"Is Dureblend any good". Well it's not the worst oil nor the best. As long as it has the latest certs it will give you good service at the OCI for your engine.

Durablend oil is good stuff just not very common around here.

I'm more impressed by the fact you work for Woolworths.
Back in the 70's Woolworths was a major player in the U.S. retail market.KMart pretty much killed them off and WalMart drove the nails into their coffin.The last Woolworths I saw was a tiny 20ftx40ft space in a mall that sold candy and junky low end products.

Glad to know they are still a player in the world.I have some fond memories of buying model dinosaurs and stuff like that when I was a kid.

Durablend is getting a little harder to find around here, but it is Dexos 1 approved-I just changed my brother's '02 2.5 Altima yesterday after an 11,000 mile (was almost all highway) OCI using 5W30 Durablend-was still in good shape.

Nope it's obviously not going to be the best but a semi synth in my recommended grade that meets all the specs, for about $30-35 will do me
smile.gif

And yeah Big W was basically the Woolworths group's stab at K Mart over here and I prefer them as they have a contract to sell all valvoline products (all their engine oils, dexcool, fluids, additives and grease etc.) and Mobil 1 for their fully synthetics range which aren't even available at some of the biggest auto stores. Kmart on the other hand have a contract with Shell and only sell their cheaper dinos like 20w50 and 15w40 etc for 20 something bucks a jug...
I think this is going to be my regular choice of purchase for oil then from now on, and as someone stated I think I'll start stocking up since I can't find it anywhere else!
Thanks, Jacob

Woolworth's, no kidding in Australia who would of thought.
I live near where store was founded, here we have the original store that's a 6 story apartment building now and the newer one built around 70's is a call center with 1000+ employees.
I remember riding my bike there as a kid and buying a hamster after my parents said couldn't have one. It was the first store here with escalator

I remember when I was a kid in the 70s,we had a Woolworth/Woolco store in one of the malls here. I think it was next to a TG & Y store. I remember them both having an awesome toy selection,at least from a kid's point of view :^).

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I remember when I was a kid in the 70s,we had a Woolworth/Woolco store in one of the malls here. I think it was next to a TG & Y store. I remember them both having an awesome toy selection,at least from a kid's point of view :^).

In the Sixties we had TWO Woolworth stores in our downtown, both with lunch counters. The one farther from my house had the best selection of model paints; the one closer (5 blocks away) offered a decent selection of model supplies, and had the pet section with parakeets and hamsters. Yes, and for a time, baby alligators!

The former has been replaced by condos, I think, or some multi-use retail space. The latter has a hotel and its restaurant fronting on Bourbon Street. I don't recognize that block when I'm down there. Oh, there's a Krystal Burgers there

(https://www.google.com/maps/place/100+Bourbon+St/@29.954255,-90.069544,3a,90y,120h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sK_wmdVychdjSbwL_-pgPSA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x8620a60c63649efb:0x865071eb3fc93bf1!6m1!1e1)

at just about where the Woolworth's side door was. But everything else is new.

ON topic, yes, as far as I know from reading here, Valvoline's Durablend is quite good. All the major oil brands seem to be excellent, depending on your application.

Durablend can be thought of as a slightly thinner Maxlife that never had the moly Maxlife used to have.
I bought a couple of cases of the 10W-40 to use as top-up oil for the old BMW in which I was then using Maxlife, since DB is very similar to Maxlife in basestock blend and formulation, the DB was on deep clearance and the DB was in quarts, which are much easier to use for top-ups than jugs.
Anyway, it's a good syn blend and I'd be happy to use it, especially since you found it at a nice price.
I do have a couple of jugs of clearance DB 10W-30 in the stash which I'll use in something sooner or later.

I have been wanting to try it, and when I did the last change I got some from Autozone I think it was. So far, I really like it a lot. It has been in the car for about 550 miles, but it really runs well.

Originally Posted By: JavierG
Yes, it's a very good oil. And I miss Woolworths.
cry.gif

The modern version is Dollar Tree. Though I wouldn't want to eat anything prepared in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back