Amazon reviewer may get sued over his review

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the the tekreview article above, this is what disgusts me more than anything, being a victim of it who prevailed...

"Except for very specific and relatively rare circumstances, the American legal system requires parties to pay their own legal expenses. That means that defendants like TD could face bankruptcy defending a civil claim, even if they eventually prevail. It’s a well known reality that companies use to their advantage, hoping that opposing parties will quickly settle rather than face protracted and costly litigation."

I think Amazon did the right thing. They are signalling to other vendors that don't bullying our customers.

To Amazon, customers are their most importance factor. Many customers buy almost everything based on reviews, if everyone is forced to only give positive reviews then it's useless. If I don't see any reviews on a product I intend to buy, I will looking at other brand(s).

I personally gave some positive and few negative product reviews on both Amazon and eBay. I don't have any data/proof that some reviews are faked, so I never mentioned that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back