Buying .40s&w?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what some peoples favorite places to purchasing target ammo, specifically 40 smith and Wesson, are? I'm looking for the best bang for the buck for around $100 to train and practice with. Felt local cabelas offered a decent deal with $42/100rnds for Winchester and $19.99 for 50rnds of fiocchi...

I think the cheapest and easiest place to buy ammo is online. Check this place out;

ammoseek.com

It is an up to date catalog of online ammo retailers.

Walmart usually has the best prices unless my local gun stores are having a sale. Walmart has 40s&w 100 rnd packs of Federal for $32.xx a box, Tulammo 50 rnd boxes for $14.97. At Walmart the only way to go is the 100 round packs of Federal if you want brass, otherwise if it's just for the range there's nothing wrong with saving a few dollars and getting Tulammo.

My LGS was selling Blazer aluminum 40s&w for $14-15 a box for a while but now it's up to $17. Back to Walmart if I want ammo. I've never found ammo online cheaper due to shipping.

That ammoseek is a neat tool. Any thoughts on the High Country Ammunition they found for $0.26/rnd?

Wal-Mart, in my area they always have the best prices on ammo. The local gun shop doesn't even try to compete. All those guys wanna do is try to sell you an AR every time you walk in.

I reload, and if you want to shoot more than 50 rounds per month, I'd advise you to learn to reload. Here's my cost breakdown.
Bullet 180gr. Berry's plated Flat point $0.13
Powder Alliant Power Pistol (I won't give load info, it's free online) $0.03
Small pistol primer $0.04
Used brass $0.03
Total= $0.23 or a box of 100 for $23.00
Cost of reloading equipment approx. $300.00, tough to amortize if you don't know how many you can make before it's worn out, but so many that I believe the cost per round is not affected in a measurable way.
Peace of mind in being able to shoot what you want, how much you want, when you want.
If you want to buy, Lucky Gunner will make it worth your while if you buy 1,000 rounds or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back