Looking for RWD sedans with manual tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, it's a disappearing and rare breed of cars today. There's hardly any new 4 dr sedans with rear-wheel drive and a manual transmission. Sure, you can still order a BMW 3-series with a stick for delivery, but other than that what other alternatives do you have new or recently used? Please help compile a list.

Off the top of my head I can only think of three (4 if you count the BMW 3 series you already mentioned):

VW Jetta
VW Passat
Audi A4

GM is putting a 6-speed M/T in the 2015 Chevrolet SS.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/manual-equipped-2015-chevrolet-ss-sedan-might-be-a-thing/

4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders, 415HP, RWD.

20.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
How big? Or just any size?

I'm looking at any size. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Off the top of my head I can only think of three (4 if you count the BMW 3 series you already mentioned):

VW Jetta
VW Passat
Audi A4

Thanks, but these are FWDs or AWD with the A4. I prefer RWD.

If 4 doors are a must then the options are limited. Off the top of my head I can think of: Chevy SS, Cadillac ATS or CTS-V, and BMW 3 series.

Recent used cars would be the G35, IS250, IS300.
If you have the cash for new though, try a manually shifted auto. Some do rev matched downshifts and allow you to hit the limiter. They sound like they would be fun if they work well.

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
Those are all FWD? :p

Duh. I was hung up on the manual transmission and 4 door sedan. The A4 is AWD with a manual, however.

Originally Posted By: gregoron
Originally Posted By: redhat
GM is putting a 6-speed M/T in the 2015 Chevrolet SS.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/manual-equipped-2015-chevrolet-ss-sedan-might-be-a-thing/

4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders, 415HP, RWD.

20.gif

This will be a beast to drive. I like it. I wonder if it comes with a more toned-down version (i.e. inline 6 or turbo 4)?

Nope. The SS is only sold as a performance car.

Have you considered a 5-door hatchback like the GTI, Focus ST, or Golf R? Those are available with manual transmissions.

Otherwise you will need to look to the Germans or higher-end sport sedans, such as the BMW 3 series or Cadillac CTS-V.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Have you considered a 5-door hatchback like the GTI, Focus ST, or Golf R? Those are available with manual transmissions.

Not RWD.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Originally Posted By: dparm

Not RWD.

Oh right, derp.

Looks like the Germans might be one of the only choices, in that case. 320i with manual trans starts at $32750.

Originally Posted By: JTK
83-85_Chevrolet_Chevette_1.jpg

I will take two. Learned to drive on one. It would a burnout and rip a donut. I would through a S/C 3800 in there.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Pontiac G8 GXP. Nice car if you can find one.

SS was suggested up top but he said he wants a toned down version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back