2000 sonoma 2.2 ac won't come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
The compressor wont engage. I tried putting some freon in to re charge it and it won't kick on to accept it. There is a 3 prong connector on the receiver drier but I'm not sure if that's a high or low pressure switch.
Any ideas. I did verify that there is no power to the compressor but the fuse does have power.

How much of the job's value will you pay us to consult?

Ive only done oldrr MBs from empty, but on those we make a jumper for the switch to bypass it and allow the compressor to engage, operate and start drawing charge.

Have you put gauges on the system both static after sitting a few hours, as well as with the vehicle on? What is the pressure?

Dont think the r134a system in that truck has a receiver/dryer, I think it is an accumulator. Does it look like the item in my thread?

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2683196

It's an accumulator I apologize that 3 pin switch there is the high side pressure switch I didn't find a low side switch. .. if i could find that switch I would probably be golden

Originally Posted By: ram_man
It's an accumulator I apologize that 3 pin switch there is the high side pressure switch I didn't find a low side switch. .. if i could find that switch I would probably be golden

The switch on the accumulator IS the low pressure switch.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
that truck has a variable displacement compressor. it may not have a low pressure switch.prolly just a trinary switch

So the compressor on the 2.2 is different than the HT6 on the 4.3?

Because my accumulator has the low pressure switch.

Interesting that the same vehicle would use a completely different AC system.

If you add refrigerant make sure that you purge the low side hose before connecting to remove any air.

Rather than blindly assuming that it is low on refrigerant it may be a good idea to take it into a shop.

If it is low simply adding more refrigerant without repairing the leak will not solve anything.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver

Rather than blindly assuming that it is low on refrigerant it may be a good idea to take it into a shop.

He is the shop.
wink.gif

I can't add refrigerant any way the compressor wont kick on the high side was low at like 50 and the low side was high I think I'll go check.

Got it fixed the problem was the pressure switch wasn't getting good connection when I back probed it it's started working so I cleaned the connection put some dielectric grease on it and we now have ice cold air not to bad for a 1700 dollar truck

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
that truck has a variable displacement compressor. it may not have a low pressure switch.prolly just a trinary switch

Yes the 4 cyl s10's use a completly different AC compressor than the 4.3 does.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Yes the 4 cyl s10's use a completly different AC compressor than the 4.3 does.

Yep, 2.2L's have a V7 compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back