Amsoil 0w20 4500 miles 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a sample from my brother's 2013 Ford C-Max hybrid. He says he originally calculated the mileage wrong. There were actually 4500 miles on the oil when he took the sample. He did not drain the oil, he just took this sample. This is the second batch of oil, the FF being the first. He is using a Wix filter and is on his third filter. I suggested he get a TBN next time. He is using the Amsoil Signatue Series oil.

Great oil, Looks fine, but I would just run a cheap 5w20 until break in is complete - which may take well over 20K on the hybrid. miles.

What's his reason for changing so frequently? If the answer is break-in, then I'd suggest a much cheaper oil, or Amsoil's XL line if he prefers not to stray.

Specifically, when did he change his oil filters? He is on his fourth filter and third new sump of oil right now? If so, what's his reason for changing the filter so frequently?

What is the reasoning behind changing the filter but leaving the oil in situ?

I have always been led to believe that the oil filter will work for longer than the OE oci.

And i keep reading on bitog how filters get more efficient as they get dirty.

I have ran many vehicle with multiple oci per filter change but i am careful to remain within the usual OE oci with the filter.

As an example run 5k ish on the Pathfinder. But the OE oci is 18k or 2years. I have ran three oci and leff filter in each time.

Though i do usually change the filters each oci. Just not every time.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
What's his reason for changing so frequently? If the answer is break-in, then I'd suggest a much cheaper oil, or Amsoil's XL line if he prefers not to stray.

Specifically, when did he change his oil filters? He is on his fourth filter and third new sump of oil right now? If so, what's his reason for changing the filter so frequently?

The way i read it was he has changed oil once. With first being FF. And three filter swaps.

Maybe i got that wrong?

Originally Posted By: bigjl
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

The way i read it was he has changed oil once. With first being FF. And three filter swaps.

Maybe i got that wrong?

Correct, he's changed the oil once and the filter 3 times. I'll have to show him this post. Thanks for the input and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back