[Cut Open] NEW Amsoil E011

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDW

Just wanted to see what its made of. First look I thought the seam was not sealed , Still I would have thought it would have been made a bit better IMPO.

IMG_0529_zps64555850.jpg

IMG_0532_zps89772f0c.jpg

IMG_0538_zps06e7631c.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsde495fef.jpg

Dont like that seam. Otherwise looks good. Give me a Fram Ultra any day with a metal crimped seam. Thanks for sharing!

My guess is the seam is self sealing due to pressure, but obviously some kind of bond would likely be a good thing.

Dealer here and have many in stock
wink.gif
Most welcome guys thought a good clean look would be helpful.

I see Amsoil is using the infamous IOS 4548-12 test comparison bar graph on their box.

Oil flow could keep it closed, or could open it up like shown in the photos ... depends how the oil hits and which way the big ol' seam flaps want to go. Personally, I don't like the seam design.

Originally Posted By: JDW
Just wanted to see what its made of. First look I thought the seam was not sealed , Still I would have thought it would have been made a bit better IMPO.

IMG_0529_zps64555850.jpg

IMG_0532_zps89772f0c.jpg

IMG_0538_zps06e7631c.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsde495fef.jpg

Thanks for sacraficing a nice / expensive oil filter to cut it open for us to see.

Thanks

For me, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned about the seam area. Not that flow is an issue in pc use, but being a synthetic filter I'm sure this filter flows well and would hold up just fine in all areas when used as intended/spec'd.

I appreciate you posting a virgin Amsoil filter, that said these are not a typical WM $3.27 Classic. If I purchased it I'd want to use it first to get the value from it. But, that's just me.

If this were a Fram or Purolater, and the seam looked like that, would it still "look good"? Sorry, I expect better given the cost and brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back