Is there a way to change oil with Mityvac on E90?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I searched on the web and since BMW removed the dipstick on the N52 engine, it seems there is no way anymore to change the oil except by the usual way, by the pan.

Since the oil filter is on top of the engine, is there a way to go through the housing to get to the pan with a tube?

I understand that Mercedes dealerships now change oil on all Mercedes by aspiration. Do you know if BMW dealerships are doing the same or do they do the usual way on their cars?
If they do it by aspiration too, do you know what they use and where do they connect?

Thanks in advance for all the help you can provide me.

You're out of luck, I'm afraid. BMW dealers don't use oil extractors to perform routine oil changes, AFAIK.

I think one member here (JHZR2?) stuck a tube through the oil fill hole to draw a sample, but I'm not sure if you could pull all the oil out that way. I guess you could try and see how much you could get out.

The oil filter housing may have a built-in anti-drain valve, so I'm not sure if that'll prevent you from using that, but it's worth a try as well.

Why BMW removes the oil dipstick tube on newer vehicles ? To save a few bucks ?

The best attribute of an MB engine is it's one of the easiest to change oil and filter. Remove dipstick tube to prevent changing oil with a fluid extractor is just so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back