Flashpoint in °F 435

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0.0

Water % 0.0

Insolubles % 0.3

TBN 5.7

TAN

ISO Code

Well at least there wasn't any coolant leaks or too much fuel dilution, should I be worried about the air filter? I am using amsoil 10W-40 now and intend to push to at least 10000km and get a sample sent out to see if it makes any difference to bearing wear. Piston wear seems to be good.

That looks like real Castrol to me. The "high" numbers are barely over the universal averages as well, nothing to get concerned about here IMO. I like Blackstone but seriously, flagging something because it's 4 ppm over the universal average? Stuff like that is more about selling you additional UOA's than anything else.

Looks good. Ca/Mg combo. Castrol's TBN retention appears to be better than M1, from my observation. (mostly the 5w30 grade)

Originally Posted By: buster
Looks good. Ca/Mg combo. Castrol's TBN retention appears to be better than M1, from my observation. (mostly the 5w30 grade)

That is noteworthy, as M1 0W-40 is now one of the few Mobil oils that doesn't use a Ca/Mg combo. And Castrol is still sticking with no Moly or Boron in their Euro oils while M1 uses a good amount of both. I wonder if there are any conclusions that can be drawn from that?

Oh yeah guys, that Castrol is API SM. The high metals may be a result of 4000 - 5000 rpm high way driving on one day which totaled a few hundred kms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back