Tonneau covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen! In the market here for a nice cover for the below mentioned truck in my sig line. Looking at the Truxedo Truxport, or maybe the lo-pro qt, also from Truxedo. Really like the velcro sides and the ability to roll it up. This little fella does ocassionally haul loads that are higher than the box sides. This is Michigan, so snaps are out! Too hard to put the cover back on in winter weather. Can you offer any suggestions? On a further note, as great a forum this is, a sub forum for after market accessories sure would be great!

I have the GM roll up tonneau on my truck and its OK, after 3 years of heavy use its starting to show its age.

I like the roll up as well so I can use all of the bed.

I have always liked the Access cover from Agrifab. Holds up well, which is quite a feat when one lives on rural gravel roads in the upper midwest like I do.

I decided against the velcro as I don't use the bed that much, and I never wanted to deal with ice/snow in the velcro in winter. Also the ones I saw seemed to use rails of some sort. The trifold I have isn't perfect either, but it held up pretty good to one winter so far, and it comes off pretty fast.

Good luck in shopping. If you hit up youtube you should be able to find reviews, how to installs from the vendor (and others), and other reviews. Truck fanboi sites are so-so for info, but you can go there too.

I have an extang tonneau on my truck. I put it on in approximately 2000. So after 14-15 years, the frame is all perfect, but a few snaps have come off and the actual cover has shrunk to the point that I cannot get it fully tight anymore.

Cold or warm weather, snapping is a pain. But Im not sure that any other solution is any better. A hard top will make carrying anything more difficult, even if it folds in thirds.

Ill probably just replace my cover for $100 from Extang. Have to say Im happy with it. Ive never once even used 303 or any other protectant. It is outdoors a LOT.

14+ years.

I have a Truxedo Lo-Pro XT that is 7 or 8 years old on my F150. Still seems to be holding up well, though it is not as tight as it once was. Not shocking after all the winters I've put it through... The velcro has never been an issue the way it is put on the rails of the unit.

I'd get another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back