2013 Accord PCV Valve Photo (I4 Direct Injection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd replace PCV valve since I'm close to 60,000 miles.

After removal of old, I'll just wait until 100,000 mi. Posting photo of old and new valves side-by-side since there is always some interest in this newer Honda motor.

Top valve is new:

AccordPCVValve_zps7461228e.jpg

Last edited:
the old one looks pretty clean when compared to the new one. is 60,000 the suggested change point ?

I might doubt it has any change interval - maybe inspect only. It can be hard to interpret HONDA service requirements with their 'maintenance minder' system and no classic schedule spreadsheet in the O'Manual.

Looks good. No signs of excessive oil intake.

My PCV for my DI engine is still clean with no signs of excessive oil intake.

Therefore, no need for oil catch can for DI engines...

Last edited:
No recommended change/inspection interval.

I was simply curious to see if there was buildup due to direct injection plus I was in the habit of replacing my Camry PCV valve every 30,000 miles.

Motor only consumes 1/2 quart per 10,000 mile OCI - I shouldn't have been surprised.

When I asked my Mechanic about changing PCV for my 1994 LS400 few year ago at 300k miles, he removed it and did a quick blow test and put it back.

The car is 380+k miles now with original PCV valve.

Still running the original PCV valve on my 2000 Honda Accord I4 with 174k miles. As long as the engine is not blowing oil backwards out the inlet side of the PVC system, the spring is likely good and the valve is working properly. Blowing oil into the air intake hose can be caused by other things like bad piston rings also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back