How not to change a light bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ladders are too safe for me, I prefer the thrill of a chair and some kind of flowerpot dangerously close to a flight of stairs."
rw46km.jpg

2gxih3k.jpg

Sadly this guy didn't fell, otherwise I would have the prefect photo sequence.

I'm glad that the guy didn't fall, since I don't wish harm on others.
Since he got away with it this time, and probably before, he'll likely continue until he does fall.
I doubt that Mexico has either the type of workers' comp or civil legal system that we have here to bail him out when he gets hurt.

Reminds me of working in Peru. Didn't need plugs on the drills or saws. Just stick the bare wires into the opening in the female end of an extension cord and go to work.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Reminds me of working in Peru. Didn't need plugs on the drills or saws. Just stick the bare wires into the opening in the female end of an extension cord and go to work.
heck thats common here

No, there isn't any kind of compensation or liability here in Mexico, but there is the same, or worst, level of irresponsibility, since everybody is under the protection of some deity or imaginary friend, so no harm can come to them, and if it comes, then the deity has its reasons.

Since I'm a little OCD about things, and an EE, it wasn't something I'd observed before.

I have no doubt it happens here. I just let my OCD kick in and we walked to a hardware store and I bought the school some plugs to outfit their tools
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: javacontour
heck thats common here

Yo, Darwin. Forget the "flight" of stairs. He could fall and impale himself on one of the posts--maybe through his lower abdomen so he could suffer--maybe as long as 3 days.

Heck, I give the old guy credit for climbing up onto the flower pot.

Seriously, maybe I'll ask any old people I know if they need any "ladder work" done. Helping one person avoid a fall would be worthwhile. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back