Pennzoil fuel rewards codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a few 5 qt jugs of PP at wal-mart. When I got home, I decided to create an FRN account and add the codes to my account. I discovered that the jugs had already been opened. 1 out of the 3 codes didn't work so I called the customer service number. I gave them the bad code and they told me that the persons account had pages and pages of codes entered. They said they froze the account and would escalate the matter. Hopefully they prosecute for theft.

Im really tempted to go to Walmart and Meijer and ask if I can have the jugs for $5 each because they are opened.

The other day I took a jug to the price scanner at WM to verify the price. The top leaked when I tilted the bottle. It appears others are doing the same thing.

I've done 2, one where I used the code from the cap and the other where I entered a photo of my receipt on the website. The cap one was instantly loaded onto my account and the uploaded one took about 4 weeks and they sent me an email with my code.

Good luck.

I began the fuel code odyssey several weeks ago.

For those interested, my stash of PU was bottled from early Nov 2013 to March 2014. Based on bottling dates, none of my earlier than Nov21/2013 PU have codes. So far all jugs opened bottled on Jan 5 through March have codes.

So perhaps somewhere between Nov 21 and Jan 5 codes began to be installed on caps?

Before I knew this I sent in a scan of my walmart receipt, and received my first code within about 2 weeks. Within a matter of days I began building my PU stash and quickly sent in another 3 or 4 codes. I have received none of those codes yet, and instead of how fast the first one was returned, I am approaching the 4 week time frame.

Once you attach a card to your account, the time from entry of the code to getting the $1/gal is immediate. Used mine for the first time within hours after I activated the card and added my first code. Got the card from a Shell station instead of waiting for it in the mail.

I plan on taking the codes from two of the "me" opened jugs and entering them this weekend to see if they also flow right through to the rewards card.

An excuse to go for a motorcycle ride in nice weather found me at a WalMart seeing if they had replenished their PU stocks. They had not.

However, all of the newer dated bottles in 10w-30 had been opened. The 5w-20 weights of older vintage had not.

So whoever you are stealing codes in my neighborhood….stop!!

I've seen a few tampered with lids. Just be sure to buy one that hasn't been opened.

I went into a Walmart today. Saw one jug that appeared opened.

Saw some kind of anti theft device in front of the Pennzoil Platinum jugs. It was a small bright light that would flash, apparently due to proximity. Perhaps it alerts the camera watchers.

Even if the jug is opened you can still send them a scan of your receipt. I did this with three of the WM $21.00 PU jugs. It only took a few weeks.

A side story: I went to redeem my $3.00 of per gallon and the pump took my FR card. Go in to pay and the register did not. They wanted $75.00 and I said no. Mgr gave me my gas for $14.00. I called FR about it and they said he handled it wrong AND I still will have $3.00 off on my FR card. I thought Oh well, it's your system I'll take it.

I've picked up about 8 jugs of the rebate eligible oil at WM. Of all the jugs I've seen, I only saw one that was possibly tampered with. You better believe I closely scrutinized the bottle tops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back