Easy bolt on hitch from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this and installed it yesterday http://www.ebay.com/itm/VALLEY-INDUSTRIES-RECEIVER-TRAILER-HITCH-TOW-TOWING-CLASS-3-III-KIT-82543-78260-/131143100394?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2009%7CMake%3ASaturn%7CModel%3AVue%7CSubmodel%3AXE%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A2.4L&hash=item1e88bce7ea&vxp=mtr

I tow my jetski about 3 miles from home to the public boat launch so I knew I didn't need a fancy welded hitch. Got this one for right around $100. Took a little longer than I wanted for the install since I couldn't get one of the bolts to line up right. It was pretty easy for the most part, just lower the exhaust (very easy), line up the hitch to the 6 pre welded nuts (not too hard but would have been nice to have 3 arms), and then put the bolts in. Just thought I would share in case someone needs a low cost towing option.

Yeah I have a bolt in hitch on my HHR and hang either a trailer and a bike rack off of it. Bought it online through Advance auto parts... with coupons and free shipping to my door, naturally.

The hairy part for me was fishing the bolts through the frame with this little wire spring thing that grips the threads. That spring got more and more distorted as the job went on.

In fact it looks like even the frame mounted class 3 hitch on my F150 bolts in... even though they might have had to drill holes. I had to "open up" holes on my car from 3/8 to 1/2 inch IIRC.

Bolts carry less liability for the hitch maker than a sloppy weld, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back