War in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
In before the lock.
grin2.gif

Putin seems to be betting on our desire to avoid a shooting war between nuclear powers.

Part of me really wishes we would call that bet, i.e. crush his military and dare him to launch. I know that's a colossally stupid idea, and I would never actually advocate it. I just can't escape the feeling.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Putin seems to be betting on our desire to avoid a shooting war between nuclear powers.

Part of me really wishes we would call that bet, i.e. crush his military and dare him to launch. I know that's a colossally stupid idea, and I would never actually advocate it. I just can't escape the feeling.

Putin will only live so long. When he's gone snow will still be cold, mountains will still be high, and Russians and Ukrainians will still only remember the difference between them when they're sober.

Originally Posted By: George Taylor
You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, [censored] you! God [censored] you all to [censored]!

Its an ugly situation no matter how you view it. Putin wants the glory days of the USSR. Their economy is based upon drilling or mining resources. Not very sustainable.

Don't forget Chernobyl is in Ukraine and is in the process of getting a 100 yr SS arch over the ruined reactor.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Don't forget Chernobyl is in Ukraine and is in the process of getting a 100 yr SS arch over the ruined reactor.

What is an SS arch?

After USSR collapsed, I never would have guessed that this would happen anytime in my lifetime. It is beyond my comprehension why so many eastern Ukranians want their area to become part of Russia.

Night battle? Looks like a bunch of yahoo's shooting around in the air. I think Russia's military is all show and no go. Didn't they almost got their [censored] handed to them by Germany in WWII?

Let them feel the squeeze of sanctions, and the longer term drain of leading company's such as Royal Dutch Shell ceasing all investment in Russia which was just announced the other day by their CEO or someone.

Third chopper down. This is not yahoos shooting in the air. The "militia" has anti aircraft rockets.

This must be one of the first two:

ukrainechopper2.jpg

Edit:
Quote:
BREAKING: 4th army helicopter shot down in #Slavyansk - reports http://on.rt.com/q3d9fj #Ukraine

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JAG
After USSR collapsed, I never would have guessed that this would happen anytime in my lifetime. It is beyond my comprehension why so many eastern Ukranians want their area to become part of Russia.

Because they are ethnically Russians and not Ukrainians. Soviets colonized their peripheral republics with ethnically Russian party and government officials to consolidate power. After USSR collapsed, those Russians were left behind.

They should have resettled instead of creating this civil war.

Originally Posted By: JAG

It happened before under Putin's watch in 2008-09 when Russia invaded and carved up Georgia. The world looked the other way then, so you can be excused for not remembering.

The east of Ukraine is home to many ethnic Russians, who are linguistically and culturally Russian. Hence the desire to attach themselves to Russia.

Cultural Russification is not limited to to Ukraine. Large segments of Belarus and the Baltic states are also home to significant populations who consider themselves Russian first. I don't think this ends with Ukraine. In fact, Russia may already be preparing a move on the Baltic states.

The west will not intervene not until it is too late and the Soviet Block is reassembled.

I hope the Russian's will stop there. But there is always what if's.

I have to wonder if a Russian takeover of the Ukraine would mean more stability for the populace than the unrest that has prevailed for the last so many years.

I remember taking to a Yugoslav in the 90's about the unrest there.

I said that "I had never been aware of any unrest while Tito was in power"
The response was "Oh the unrest was there" "They just had other things to worry about, so things did not Heat-Up"

Originally Posted By: expat
I have to wonder if a Russian takeover of the Ukraine would mean more stability for the populace than the unrest that has prevailed for the last so many years.

I remember taking to a Yugoslav in the 90's about the unrest there.

I said that "I had never been aware of any unrest while Tito was in power"
The response was "Oh the unrest was there" "They just had other things to worry about, so things did not Heat-Up"

I rather not think about this. The "minorities" that oppose Putin would face retribution for not wanting to be part of "Mother Russia".

But as I said before the west will sit on their hands and hope for the best. Because this is the "best" policy.

I find it amusing when the US "pontificates" to Russia when it comes to areas surrounding their own borders.

Remember when the US stole Texas from Mexico? Probably not.

Not only that but the Ukraine is only a recent "invention" and was a part of Russia for centuries. Also a fact is that a large majority of the eastern part of the Ukraine is ethnic Russian as well. If they want to rejoin Russia, or become an independent state with close ties to Russia I say certainly. Let the western part of that area become the new Ukraine with its wish to become closer to the glorious western new world order, no question their lives will be much better in the orbit of the west. LOL

That being said while Putin is no saint, he is looking out for the interests of Russia and no one else, unlike the globalist west which is bent on destroying their own countries for the
perverted dream of a New World Order.

For those who insist on claiming that the mention of a
"New World Order" is the imagination of theorists...look at this
LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I find it amusing when the US "pontificates" to Russia when it comes to areas surrounding their own borders.

Remember when the US stole Texas from Mexico? Probably not.

Not only that but the Ukraine is only a recent "invention" and was a part of Russia for centuries. Also a fact is that a large majority of the eastern part of the Ukraine is ethnic Russian as well. If they want to rejoin Russia, or become an independent state with close ties to Russia I say certainly. Let the western part of that area become the new Ukraine with its wish to become closer to the glorious western new world order, no question their lives will be much better in the orbit of the west. LOL

That being said while Putin is no saint, he is looking out for the interests of Russia and no one else, unlike the globalist west which is bent on destroying their own countries for the
perverted dream of a New World Order.

For those who insist on claiming that the mention of a
"New World Order" is the imagination of theorists...look at this
LOL

There are more nuts in your post than a squirrel turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back