Monroe Struts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rust issues here. The only parts I ever replaced on my damper assemblies in 23 years were the rubber mount bushings.

I put Monroe sensatrack struts on the front of my 92 cavalier and sensatrack shocks on the back of the car at the end of 2011. They felt pretty good when new but these days the ride is rough and one of the rear shocks makes a banging sound most of the time. I've put about 45,000 miles on the car since the installation. I can't say that I'm real impressed with them.

Wayne

I replaced the factory struts on my '01 Civic at 230k miles with quick struts, hoping it'd ride better. I couldn't tell any difference, heck the ride might actually be worse. But they were the only brand quick strut I could find at the time.
frown.gif

Mark, how many miles on the car and struts now? When did you replace them (as in month/year)?

Monroe replaced their Sensa-trac non-American applications with the OESpectrum, which is said to be much better. The quick struts also received OESpectrum struts at that time.

Of course, their blue Monro-Matic is still garbage like the Gas-Matic it replaced.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Mark, how many miles on the car and struts now? When did you replace them (as in month/year)?

Monroe replaced their Sensa-trac non-American applications with the OESpectrum, which is said to be much better. The quick struts also received OESpectrum struts at that time.

Of course, their blue Monro-Matic is still garbage like the Gas-Matic it replaced.

About 2 years ago. Car has 273k on it now.

I had originally posted that all 4 Monroe struts were made in Mexico.
Well i finally got around to throwing out the boxes and discovered that the front struts were made in Mexico but the rears were made in the USA.
don't know if this means anything but I found it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back