The perils of marketing, courtesy of Pennzoil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pennzoil.com/technology-of-clean/motor-oil-comparisons

Such an interesting chart!

All oils get full marks on "Unsurpassed Wear Protection" but differ on piston cleanliness, horsepower protection, extreme temperature protection, sludge clean up.

So these other benefits translate into no difference for unsurpassed wear protection?

And the other standout for me is that the high mileage oil cleans sludge the LEAST.

*Sigh*

It's getting harder and harder to be a Pennzoil fan-boy with stupidity like that chart...

"Protects Horsepower" Seriously??!!
06.gif

How do you protect horsepower?

Strange that the high mileage oil is the worst on cleaning up sludge. That is supposed to be one of the strong points of high mileage oil. I guess Pennzoil's high mileage oil is beater oil; it ranks best for "Helps prevent oil burnoff and reduce oil consumption in older vehicles."

I'd rather see Pennzoil have a chart that includes "keeps intake valves clean" on direct injected engines.

Mobil does similar charts but they are not near as dumb as that Pennzoil one. I wonder swhy the HM Pennzoil doesn't clean as well as regular PYB when UOA's indicate they have the exact same detergent package?

Doh!

I can't stop laughing at "Protects Horsepower" !

I like Pennzoil products but they're getting almost as bad as Castrol with that marketing cacamany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back