restored lawn boy 2 cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawn-Boy-2a.jpg

Here is my main mower, 1975 Lawn Boy model 7024

quote=spasm3]That 63 looks really cool! i like the handlebars [/quote]

Thanks, I like the lime green too.
This is my Iron Horse Lawnboy 52 or 53 not sure...it is an 8FH11LB... the service manual starts in 54 with the 8FH13LB. it is the first staggered wheel rotory blade Lawnboy. It is currently my restore project.

Originally Posted By: Mike72
Lawn-Boy-2a.jpg

Here is my main mower, 1975 Lawn Boy model 7024

Ol Uncle Lee has a spot for it with the rest of the boy's...lol

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
All your Lawn-Boys look the same... For some variety, here's my 1987 model 8157.

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

Very nice.....where the M's at?

OK, I can't take it any longer. I want one of the Lawn Boy's...can't find any listed in Michigan.

so

Hokiefyd, UncleLee, Mike72, please, one of you, sell yours or find me one as nice as yours.

edit= I found a bunch of 4 cycle LB, and two 2 cycle that look ok but not as nice as the ones posted here. I'm going to look at both of them, one is $ 50 and one $ 100.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame
OK, I can't take it any longer. I want one of the Lawn Boy's...can't find any listed in Michigan.

so

Hokiefyd, UncleLee, Mike72, please, one of you, sell yours or find me one as nice as yours.

edit= I found a bunch of 4 cycle LB, and two 2 cycle that look ok but not as nice as the ones posted here. I'm going to look at both of them, one is $ 50 and one $ 100.

Unless the 4 strokes are real old....well they are just imitation lawnboys made by toro..I have the new one with the kohler engine. Good by todays standards, but falls far short of a real lawnboy. Think when I see my decal guy next time I am going to have some pink Lawngirl decals made for it and paint it pink, cause it don't deserve lawnboy green

URL=http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/counterpoint82unclelee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140416_150756_zps952219bb.jpg.html]
20140416_150756_zps952219bb.jpg
[/URL]

My ol duraforce and the new lawngirl...lol

I like 4-strokers as much as 2-strokers. This is a 1999 model 10330 that originally came with a Tecumseh engine. I've swapped it to a Honda GCV160. Very recently (just a few weeks ago), I took the Honda back off to install a Tecumseh TVS120 from a late '80s Craftsman (remember the old Craftsman Eager-1s?).

With the Honda:

IMG_4569.JPG

I'll post a picture of it with the refreshed Tecumseh perhaps this weekend. The Tecumsehs are lighter even than an F engine...even with the self-propelled equipment, it's a VERY light weight and maneuverable mower.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
All your Lawn-Boys look the same... For some variety, here's my 1987 model 8157.

IMG_4534.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

That looks really nice! i'm jealous!

Originally Posted By: UncleLee

Trying this again, 1981 Lawnboy/JC Penny unrestored all original

Very cool! have you even used it for mowing? It looks so new!

URL=http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/counterpoint82unclelee/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140427_165506_zpsf217d385.jpg.html]
20140427_165506_zpsf217d385.jpg
[/URL]

The way I was told, this mower has two seasons on the clock. The original owner broke the spark plug wire and put it in the basement. After years went by, he gave it to the grandson to fix. The grandson put it on craigslist. I gave it a proper home. The top pic is how I found it. And no I haven't mowed with it yet...but I may...;-)

Last edited:
Thats impressive UncleLee, did you repaint the plastic as well as the deck? Or did you buff teh plastic parts? How much did you buy vs refinish?

Krud cutter and a garden hose...a little armor all on the plastic..believe it or not. It is in its original condition right downto the decals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back